Determined!

Options
Hello everyone!

I am Steph, I am 23 and I am new to this site!

I want to lose three dress sizes for my wedding next November and am so nervous!

I don't have a good track with losing weight. I never lose enough quick enough so I get frustrated and give up, which is bad, I know. But this time I am so determined it's unreal!

Friends to keep me motivated on here would be a God sent as I don't really have any friends in Bristol (insert sad face here).

Thanks and.. yeah! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Im Nicola, 24 and from the UK too!! :)

I have lost 49lbs so far and have another 30ish lbs to go!! :noway:

Im also determined like you! Add me if you want to :-)

Good luck! X
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome, I'm from over the bridge (other side of Cardiff) although I live in Abu Dhabi now.
    You've made the right choice in joining MFP and asking for support and motivation.
    I log on daily and am also on a quest to drop another 1 (would like 2) more dress sizes after already ditching 2.
    Friend request sent

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • MrsHouseToBe
    Options
    Oh my gosh! 49lbs is still brilliant! Well done honey! Where abouts in the UK are you?

I shall send a request now ^.^

x
  • MrsHouseToBe
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one looking to lost more than one dress size :p

Request accepted ^.^

x
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! 49lbs is still brilliant! Well done honey! Where abouts in the UK are you?

I shall send a request now ^.^

x

Leeds! :) Cold, rainy Leeds!! Haha !

Bristol you ?
  • poisonbloom
    poisonbloom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Violet from London. I'm 27 and so far managed to shift 14lb - been slooww going over the summer mind you, but got another 21 to lose and always happy to have fellow Brit pals to motivate!!

I've sent you an addy - Goood LUCK!! ∩( ・ω・)∩
  • MrsHouseToBe
    Options
    Bristol indeed! I love it, though it's very hilly lol.

Hi Violet! Beautiful name, first of all. And secondly, request accepted ^.^ Well done on the weight loss! I can't wait to start posting mine. It's definitely nice to have British pals who are going through the same torture :p

x
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hey there; I'm Tamara! :bigsmile:
    Goodluck with this - it's hard but it is so totally worth it!
    Also; dedication is the first sign of success so keep running with it :)
  • MrsHouseToBe
    Options
    Thank you Tamara!! I am so glad I found this site, you guys are so encouraging!

x
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We will be supporting along the entire journey for sure! Just remember to check back in often to not keep us hanging on! :happy:
    x
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I hear you about being determined and getting frustrated when it comes off so slow; I have hypothyroidism, so nothing is fast about this weight loss stuff... I joined MFP and got pregnant shortly after, just had my baby 2 weeks ago, and I'm super determined to get back on track! Feel free to add :)