Infused Water Recipes

Options
I have the hardest time drinking straight water.. I have tried a couple of Infused Water Recipes and noticed I was drinking more water than Soda when I had it in the fridge.. I have only tried Lemon/Cucumber and sometimes I add Mint to the Mix... What are your favorite recipes? I would love to try new ones!!

Replies

• brendamueller37
    brendamueller37 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brenda - I found these hope you enjoy

Infused Water Ingredients:

Fruit |

Citrus | grapefruit, lemon, Meyer lemon, key lime, lime, blood orange, orange, tangerines
    Berries | strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries
    Tropical | pear, pomegranate, mango, pineapple, banana, kiwi, starfruit
    Melons | honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon
    Other | apples, grapes, plums, peaches, nectarines
    Vegetables | cucumber, carrots, celery, peppers (hot or sweet)

Herbs | mint, sage, rosemary, basil, cilantro, thyme, stevia, lavender

Spices | ginger, cinnamon stick (ground cinnamon will float), black pepper

Water | filtered water, sparkling plain water (St. Peligrino, etc.)
  • stellakhenizy
    Options
    Yes water can be terrible can't it - I try to drink it as cold as possible which helps a lot
    BUT

am very interested to try infused water

I've never done it before (in fact despite my advanced years this is even the first time I've heard of it)

How does one go about doing it ????
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea that may help...
    1 glass or plastic pitcher - the simpler the better.
    Any number of fresh, organic fruits, berries or citrus: (use whatever you like)
    1 apple
    1 lemon
    1 orange
    1 pear
    4 large strawberries
    Handful of raspberries
    Handful of mint leaves
    Fresh cold water
    Personally, my favorite way to arrange the pitchers is to get sort of a theme going on. I might make one fruit water with all the berries and mint leaves, while another with the apples, pears, oranges, lemons, and mint leaves.
    Make sure your fruit is well-rinsed; if you're using mint leaves, rinse those, too. Then you just cut large slices or thin wedges of each fruit- depending on how you look at it and place them in the pitcher of cold water. Leave the mint leaves whole.
    You could even freeze other herbs or little flowers like violets in ice cubes and float those darling things in there. The possibilites are endless. Surprisingly, the water's flavor is very light with just a hint of refreshing fruit.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add whiskey
  • melinda189
    Options
    add whiskey
    :drinker: yeah baby! :laugh:
  • jessica51202
    jessica51202 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i like to do apple & a cinnamon stick.

or i've done an orange/lemon/lime for a citrusy drink. i tried adding mint...but mint is just not my flavor...i should have known better lol :)