Beachbody DVDs are so expensive!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been getting great results with home DVD workout and was intrigued to check out some of the Beachbody programs that are so often mentioned on here - well, I went on Amazon and Insanity is over £100? Eek! Does anyone know of any retailers that might sell it for less?

Replies

• fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    argos sells it for 99.99 or you can try https://www.wizebuys.co.uk/product.php?xProd=841
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    argos sells it for 99.99 or you can try https://www.wizebuys.co.uk/product.php?xProd=841

That second website is super cheap! Do you know if they're reputable?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Check eBay. It takes patience, sometimes you have to wait out an auction or two or three. But I got my Chalean Extreme basic set at half price what beach body charges
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Expensive compared to what? Water and crackers? 10 hours of personal training time? Gym memberships and waiting on equipment?
    I'm NOT a coach. I don't buy their sups, but the workouts are a solid value.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Why not do other workouts at home? For the price of one of their DVD sets you can get some basic equipment which you can use to go a lot farther.
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You're 24 right? I'm sure you can find a friend with a wooden leg and an eye patch?
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I Totally Agree!! I was only able to start on my BB programs because I bought one a few years back using a payment plan. My 2nd one was a 60% off deal they were offering for like 12 hours that I was BARELY able to do, and my 3rd program I borrowed from my sister! BUT, I agree that if (and when) I get extra $$, they are DEFINITELY worth it!! I don't drink the Shakeology or take any of the supplements, or buy any of the equipment (I go to Amazon for that) but, the programs are SOOOO worth it!

Join BB for free and keep an eye out for the deals they have every now and then...DEFINITELY worth it!!
  • totem12
    Options
    Expensive compared to what? Water and crackers? 10 hours of personal training time? Gym memberships and waiting on equipment?
    I'm NOT a coach. I don't buy their sups, but the workouts are a solid value.

Oh I agree that it's good value for what you get, but I'm being greedy and wanting what I can't currently afford :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    They are expensive but that's only because they work. I have Turbofire and T25 and have seen great results with both. Like others, I dont drink Shakeology because Its too much $$ but the programs are worth the money.
  • simplebeauty
    simplebeauty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just a thought...buy one of the BB programs...and get your friends to buy some as well....then trade as you're going thru the programs...that way you've only "paid" for one...??

Also I agree with a previous post...they really aren't that expensive compared to a gym membership/personal training sessions...
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Insanity program is 9 DVDs, for about $120, that comes to about $13.30 a DVD. Doesn't seem that expensive to me. Yes, you could go to Walmart and buy a biggest loser DVD for $10-$15 and they are good workouts, but you'll be doing the same thing every single day, you'll get bored and your body will adapt. With P90x, insanity, T25, etc. You get variety, and when you price it out per DVD, its actually pretty reasonable.
  • totem12
    Options
    Aye, completely true, but unfortunately I can't afford to plonk down that much money at the moment! Will keep looking around for a slightly cheaper retailer!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you want to start with a P90X "wanna be" .... this got pretty good reviews.

INFO HERE:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/supreme-90-day-system-9383

SOLD HERE:
    http://www.amazon.com/Get-Ripped-In-90-Days/dp/B0097TZ9C4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378847739&sr=8-2&keywords=supreme+90+day+workout

This has also been sold at Walgreen's, Bed Bath & Beyond .... stores that sell "as seen on TV products"
  • ERMBSN
    ERMBSN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i bought Insanity on ebay. Bought it without bidding. It was $50 free shipping. It was new still in original package.
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    You can check into the Challenge Packs as well - you save money on getting both the workout program AND 30 days of Shakeology. The Shakeology is one of my favorite things due to all the nutrients in it!

(Yes I am a BB coach but I'm not pushy sales... LOL - I just LOVE the programs...)