Eating out - Handmade burger

Options
Hello,
I am relatively new here :) My partner and i eat out a lot but i am ok with that but this thursday we are going to somewhere which makes the most amazing burgers, 40 different kinds.

Well i am not a lover of meat very much i will have the odd bit of chicken.
I normally have the cajun vegetable and bean burger, but we have not been in ages.
You dont have to have the bun they give you the burger and coleslaw instead which isn't the healthiest.

I was thinking the Super salad which has different sorts of beans in but i am not a lover of lettuce either, I am just a fussy eater!
Or chicken skewers but i am not sure what with :(
Im thinking low carb but filling if possible!

I was wondering if anyone else has been and what they could advise because i am desperate to drop a stone by xmas!
So any help i would be very grateful :) just wish i liked everything!

here is the menu: http://handmadeburger.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/HBC-Main-Menu-Refresh-0713_NON-Bottomless_Online.pdf

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    One meal isn't going to make a huge difference. Just get what sounds good to you and enjoy!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    One meal isn't going to make a huge difference. Just get what sounds good to you and enjoy!

ETA: I read it as you don't go out that often...not that you go out often. Sorry! Just have a plan before you go and stick to it.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    The menu looks great. I would suggest doing the skewers, they come with a salad and a side, you could do salad and then the chargrilled vegetables and keep the whole dinner low calorie. Good luck.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've never been but the menu looks delicious...I would have the Falafel, but you should have whatever you like.
  • tizmi
    tizmi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been to Handmade Burger many times and if I haven't had a 'skinny' lunch I get the chicken skewers, sometimes two sets of them which gives you a very nice serving for about the same price as a burger and not too much lettuce - sort of like the opposite ratio of meat to salad as the Caesar salad with chargrilled chicken. Enjoy, whatever you go for!

I do wish they'd put estimated calories on the online menu at least - if Pizza Hut can manage it, I'm sure HMB could.
  • abc1985
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help everyone :)

I shall have a think, cos it is scrummy, hard to pick!

Glad to have the support :o)