6 months, 50lbs lighter and just ran a 10k

Options
Aerosam
Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
Hi all,

I decided in February this year that I had to lose weight, at 224lbs i was fat and lazy, ate pretty much whatever I wanted all the time. On March 1st I began esating more healthily and the weight started to drop off. After about a month I discovered this site and its related apps and have never really looked back.

I April I decided that I would run the Cardiff 10k race for charity, to raise money for the MS Society, as my wife is a sufferer, and began training. Well the race was yesterday, I completed it in 51mins 21secs, coming home 1124th out of over 4000 runners. I'm really chuffed to finish so well, with it being my first ever attempt at a running race since I was in school.

Having something like this to train for has given me the drive I needed to keep training week after week, and MFP has kept my eating in check at the same time. The net result being that I have lost just over 50lbs, and feel great. I'm within 14lbs of my goal weight now, but wont be upset if i dont get there. To be honest, if i just managed to shift a few more lbs I'd be happy with that.

Sorry I dont have a photobucket account so cant post pics, feel free to check my profile pics out.

Stay cool,

Sam.

Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You must feel amazing!!! Way to stick with it!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Nice work man !
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm running my first 5k EVER at the end of this month and am so excited about it. Way to go on the 10k!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Major props to you dude :)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations, for both your weight loss, and your successful 10K run!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Great job. I have lost quite a bit in a relatively short period of time myself but won't be running any 10k or even 10 steps any time in the future. The thought of doing so is not even possible with my permanant physical problems.
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, dont worry about excercising if the weight is shifting anyway. In time you may find a form of excercise that suits your own physical needs/limitations.

Keep up the good work.
    Great job. I have lost quite a bit in a relatively short period of time myself but won't be running any 10k or even 10 steps any time in the future. The thought of doing so is not even possible with my permanant physical problems.
  • LFG95
    LFG95 Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations man!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!