Your Favorite Kind of HIIT!

Options
Good day everyone! Just looking for new ways to do my HIIT over the coming weeks. What is your favorite kind of HIIT? Please be specific in the intervals, timing, and description of the exercise :D

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone! Just looking for new ways to do my HIIT over the coming weeks. What is your favorite kind of HIIT? Please be specific in the intervals, timing, and description of the exercise :D

Sprints.

Is there really a need to define distance, reps and time between sprints?

Just SPRINT
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sprints!

I sprint any where from 20 to 30 seconds walk for 2 mins...as I get more tired I rest for 3 mins.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My primary workouts are DVDs... My favorite kind of HIITs are the Turbofire ones! Mm yeah. They get me a damned good sweat on.

Oddly enough, one of them is on youtube! Not sure how long until it's taken down for copyright <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXvhT2ni-TY&gt;
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bumpidy
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Sprints.

Is there really a need to define distance, reps and time between sprints?

Just SPRINT
    A need? No, but I just wanted to know what you like to do. So from what you put, you sprint for an unknown amount of time and intervals. Thank you.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like doing 1-2x a week using the treadmill for HIIT. I do 20-30 minutes total depending on my fatigue of the following:
    5 minute warm up at 6.0 (jog)
    2 minutes at 8.0 (sprint for me)
    1 minute at 4.0 (walk)
    repeat this 8/4 interval for ~20 minutes
    5 minute cool down at 6.0 (jog)

This really blasts my calorie burn!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I work out with a group of guys 35-47 M, W, F 5:40am that mostly do Hiit and then head to work. Its difficult to exercise after work because of kids activities.

Here are a few
    1) Plate pushes are just awesome for legs, hips, shoulder stability and breathe, we do them on a synthetic turf that adds friction. All you need is a 45lb plate. Put plate on the ground and push it back. The length varies but we use a 15 yard area and go. Here is a you tube with other variations, but just back and forth with keeping track of your loops will catch you attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0019R-lvgI

2) Burpee to pull up - do a burpee under pull up station and jump to elevated pull up bar (ours is against wall, very sturdy). Since many cant to a lot of pull ups, this is good because its more than they get otherwise (unless they use bands)

3) Heavy rope training, check out you tube for better description. It will get a lot more than your arms if you do them right
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    You can do HIIT with any exercise or training program. Just up the speed for 20-60 seconds. Screw reps, just get the work done.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Usually do my HIIT on the treadmill: 1 minutes intervals @ 6mph and 9mph. Hope to up this to 10mph soon.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I do some HIIT Rowing. All out for 1 minute, rest 1 minute. I do this for 10 minutes, then cool down for 3.
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do HIIT with any exercise or training program. Just up the speed for 20-60 seconds. Screw reps, just get the work done.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

The question was what kind is your favorite.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike using Tabata Pro app: Eight 20-second intervals of maximum effort with 10-second rests in between.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options

2) Burpee to pull up - do a burpee under pull up station and jump to elevated pull up bar (ours is against wall, very sturdy). Since many cant to a lot of pull ups, this is good because its more than they get otherwise (unless they use bands)

This or if you aren't strong enough in the chest yet -like me: Burpie to jump up and leg lift. Repeat 15 times, 3 sets will do it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

The question was what kind is your favorite.
    No favorite. I hate 'em all. I just like the results.

IDEA Fitness member
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    I live by HIIT; usually 4 times a week in between lift days. I do a 5 minute warmup jog on the treadmill, then put my feet to the side, crank that puppy up to 10, then run like hell for 20 seconds followed by 40 seconds of rest. Do that 10 times. I used to HIIT on my bike but my legs got so big that I couldn't pedal it hard enough to get my HR up to 90%. :| I also try to do at least one of my HIIT days at the gym on the elliptical; it works a completely different set of muscles and is awesome for plateau busting.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas :smile:
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    10 minute warm up (jog) >
    200 metre sprint followed by 200 Metre slow jog/walk back x 6

kills me off every time :) but good for results and easy to measure improvements!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Tabata style - 20 seconds all out, 10 seconds of rest for 4 minutes.

I usually do intervals of jumping jacks, burpess, or high knees.

I also like 100 meter sprints (10 reps).