3 Classes in a Row?

Options
Hi All,

I normally do 2x 1hr classes at the gym each time (3 times a week) which really suits me (e.g. zumba, then Legs,Bums and Tums). However on a Monday they're now adding a 'Spirals' class which is supposed o be a mix of ballet/pilates/core exercises which I would like to take too. So the question is - would it be stupid to do 3 hours in a row e.g. Spirals, then Zumba then Leg, Bums and Tums?

I can't quite work out for myself whether it would be a good, bad or neutral thing!

Any advice welcomed :)

Replies

• SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Try it. If it feels like too much then scale back. What have you got to lose?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It all just depends on if you can handle it or not. If you find it's wearing you out to much, or you're more sore than you want to be, or it takes up to much time, cut back a bit. Otherwise, if you can handle it with no ill effects, go for it! Just make sure you're resting and eating enough to compensate.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    IDK...might be too much in a row...try it and see.

Its good to mix up the muscle groups you work, and not always do the same routines every workout though. What about maybe alternating which ones you do each day of the week? You could still do two classes each time, but not the SAME ones.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend a more balanced fitness approach. that's just a **** ton of cardio and you're beyond the point of diminishing returns doing 3 of those classes in a row. My gut always tells me that people who do this kind of stuff are simply obsessed with the idea that they need to burn everything with exercise rather than just having solid, independent fitness goals and a well rounded fitness approach.
  • marajade5
    Options
    I'm not sure I would consider Leg,Bums Tums or 'Spirals' as cardio...

Plus I just enjoy doing the classes and I am not trying to push myself into a crazy and unsustainable routine. I just figure that I'm better off doing that then being sat at home watching tv.