Ballet Beautiful Butt Blast 1

Options
I've seen a few posts here and there where people have mentioned the Ballet Beautiful DVD. Here's my question - can ANYONE actually get through the Blast Blast series 1 without stopping? Holy crikies it's difficult.

If you *haven't* tried this DVD, what's your favorite workout for everyone's favorite region?

Replies

• reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but I'd be interested to know more :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but kinda curious also.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll give my thoughts on the Ballet Beautiful DVD so far. I got mine at Target for 12.99. It's divided into 4 15-minute segments: Swan arms, Body Blast, and Butt series 1 and 2. All are set to piano music and you can toggle her instructions on and off. It's soothing and relaxing, but she makes you work.

Body Blast and butt series 1 are the two I've done so far. Body Blast works arms, abs, and legs. All moves are simple, and for most, you do 5 sets of 8. You're on the ground the whole time, and she does give some modifications if you're a beginner versus advanced. I like the abs stuff a lot from this one, but the arms stuff is sort of annoying if you're long-legged like me.

Butt series 1 is HARD. You spend the whole time on all fours, and it involves a lot of kicking, lifting, attitude, etc. My buns were burning and I kept having to pause and relax my muscles. I lift at the gym and consider my backend to be pretty strong, but good Lord this workout shows otherwise!

I haven't done swan arms yet, but I'm guessing it'll be pretty good too!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this DVD. Today was my first day challenging, difficult, n my booty is burning.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day challenging, difficult, n my booty is burning.

Somewhere.... a guy in prison is saying the same thing.
  • bikinisuited
    Options

. Get a life you idiot!!!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

. Get a life you idiot!!!

Be careful typing all of those exlamation points... you may develop carpal tunnel.
  • downtheadders
    downtheadders Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have the DVD, but you can buy and stream individual workouts from her website. The swan arms one is really hard! I feel it the next day way more than I do from my current lifting routine with light weights. I also have one of the cardio videos and the abs one (SO hard).

Does anyone know if using a HRM would be fairly accurate for these types of workouts? I feel like it should since it's mainly aerobic.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll give my thoughts on the Ballet Beautiful DVD so far. I got mine at Target for 12.99. It's divided into 4 15-minute segments: Swan arms, Body Blast, and Butt series 1 and 2. All are set to piano music and you can toggle her instructions on and off. It's soothing and relaxing, but she makes you work.

Body Blast and butt series 1 are the two I've done so far. Body Blast works arms, abs, and legs. All moves are simple, and for most, you do 5 sets of 8. You're on the ground the whole time, and she does give some modifications if you're a beginner versus advanced. I like the abs stuff a lot from this one, but the arms stuff is sort of annoying if you're long-legged like me.

Butt series 1 is HARD. You spend the whole time on all fours, and it involves a lot of kicking, lifting, attitude, etc. My buns were burning and I kept having to pause and relax my muscles. I lift at the gym and consider my backend to be pretty strong, but good Lord this workout shows otherwise!

I haven't done swan arms yet, but I'm guessing it'll be pretty good too!

Yes, I am a dancer and I lift weights. while lifting weights is helpful and can improve some aspects of my performance, it would never be enough to maintain my dance training. There are so many different types of body weight strength that I need in order to move and dance and hold my body in those positions with grace, and control. Those are the benefits of these types of body weight exercises. You need to practice them in order to be able to do them and perfect them. I have never heard of this DVD and know nothing about it specifically, though.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I don't have the DVD, but you can buy and stream individual workouts from her website. The swan arms one is really hard! I feel it the next day way more than I do from my current lifting routine with light weights. I also have one of the cardio videos and the abs one (SO hard).

Does anyone know if using a HRM would be fairly accurate for these types of workouts? I feel like it should since it's mainly aerobic.

I am 5'1 and 108lbs. HRM calculates 200 calories, workouts are extremely hard but I am willing to challenge myself to work with my own body weight. I am doing the DVD's 6 xs a week! I can feel the burn everywhere...
  • alemonlemon
    Options
    How are you all tracking your calories burned with BB? When I type in Ballet Beautiful or ballet in "track my exercise"- it says no results were found :(
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    has fit exercise videos- you tube
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do them one 15 min video at a time, every morning. And when I started I only did two of the 4 sets. Such a great burn!
  • lenak1
    lenak1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same problem, I didn't how, but then I type "ballet" and it listed ballet with another exercises as well, so it says I burned 329 calories. But in other way I don't know how.