Insanity Workout

Options
Just started the insanity workout today, looking forward to this 60 day challenge. Is there anyone out there who has completed the 60 day challenge with good results? I am 5'0", 159lbs, started working out consistently back in April but lately have been missing the mark and trying to get back on track. The fit test was a challenge but I did okay I guess. I'm looking for someone to share their journey and success stories about Insanity.

Replies

• asmylie80
    asmylie80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 5 foot 1 141 pounds I'm starting this program today too. Way to be insanity buddies?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm only two weeks in and I've already shrunk a bit. Half an inch off most of my torso.
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 5 foot 1 141 pounds I'm starting this program today too. Way to be insanity buddies?

Let me know how you make out on your fit test.
  • channy70
    Options
    I'm only two weeks in and I've already shrunk a bit. Half an inch off most of my torso.

Are you going to post some before and after pictures when you've completed the program?
  • we can be buddies. I started yesterday add me :] im new to this sight and idk how to add people yet
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Are you going to post some before and after pictures when you've completed the program?

Absolutely! Feel free to add me if you want an Insanity buddy!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of week 2 for me. My measurements haven't really changed yet, but I definitely feel stronger and better than I did last week. I had to take fewer breaks today and my muscles are a bit tired, but not super sore like before.

Good luck!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I finished up with Insantiy a month ago. I've got progress pictures posted on my profile and public. I definitely think the program was worth it. I lost a lot of fat and gained a lot of endurance. Losing the inches has helped me get more comfortable with myself so that I could get started doing heavy lifting in the free weight section. I always felt a little intimidated going into that section, but finishing insantiy and being happier with how I looked helped a lot.
  • asmylie80
    Options
    Having lunch before the fit test was a bad idea! I almost threw up! Here are the numbers in order they are on the sheet. 68, 29,57, 14,7,11, 1 (i cant do a push up to save my life!), 24. Im not sure how I did... I know I pushed myself and maybe need a less slippery area to work out in.
  • channy70
    Options
    Having lunch before the fit test was a bad idea! I almost threw up! Here are the numbers in order they are on the sheet. 68, 29,57, 14,7,11, 1 (i cant do a push up to save my life!), 24. Im not sure how I did... I know I pushed myself and maybe need a less slippery area to work out in.

I think you did awesome. I didn't quite feel like throwing up, but my hr got up to 190. Here are my numbers, 44, 33, 58, 20, 5, 8, 6, 11.
  • asmylie80
    Options
    Nice job... We are about the same! I did the day 2 workout just now! Boy oh boy I'm hot! I am sweating in places I didn't know I would sweat! My hair is wet! Time for a shower! I couldn't do all the push-up stuff. I am just horrible at push-ups! How did you do?
  • channy70
    Options
    Yes I did day 2 this morning before work, and I've never dripped sweat, but I was dripping sweat from my face, my bra was soaked, my hr went as high as 190bpm. I did spend alot of time getting water when they got to the push ups, I'm not good with push ups either, I'm just starting to get better with the "girl" push ups. But we made it through and by day 60, we'll be pros...lol:smile:
  • SummerSkinn
    Options
    Hey guys! I just did my second day of insanity too!!! Can I join your buddy group? haha

Also I have a question for you! How are you guys keeping track of calories burned for this exercise?
  • asmylie80
    Options
    Nice work! Yes we will be push up pros by the end of it! My legs were like jello! How is that guy so motivating? Its crazy! Hi Summer, of course you can join our buddy group. Maybe we should make it official and start a group. Not sure how to do that. I will figure it out.
  • nessnelsonx
    nessnelsonx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity later on today and am looking for buddies :)
  • gms2606
    gms2606 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to be hosting an Insanity Challenge group Starting in November so I would love to hear your feedback and your all more than welcome to join my current T25 Challenge group or my November Insanity group. I planned it that way to get me through the holidays focused and determined. Just friend me and I will announce it's start here. Good luck to you all! I can't wait to do INsanity for the first time. I have already completed P90x, I do TurboFire and Les Mills Pump often and I am currently doing Focus T25. I have always wanted to do Insanity, I just felt intimidated by it. What are your thoughts on it compared to some of the other programs I have mentioned (if y ou have done them). Looking forward to hearing back from you all.
    Gina.
  • jessa271
    Options
    I just started month 2 of insanity. It's hard, but I love it. I haven't had any big weight loss numbers (but I hear that happens in month 2), but I've noticed a HUGE improvement in my cardio endurance. I couldn't do a regular pushup for *kitten* before, but now I can do them! Not quite chest-to-the-floor, but a definite pushup! My muscles are really changing too, especially my quads from all the jumping and my arms (even the muscles in my forearms are obvious now). Feel free to friend me, I'm very talkative and comment on my insanity journey most nights!
  • channy70
    Options
    Hey guys! I just did my second day of insanity too!!! Can I join your buddy group? haha

Also I have a question for you! How are you guys keeping track of calories burned for this exercise?

I have a hr monitor, it was the best investment
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have started Insanity on Monday, too and would love some insane buddies to share the experience! :bigsmile:
    Please feel free to add me, maybe with a short pm. Thanks and have fun jumping around with Shaun T! :flowerforyou:
  • RebelJD
    RebelJD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Attempting to muster the determination to do day 2 today. I am so unbelievably sore from the fit test and day one, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. I'm considering switching to p90 (not p90X) for the rest of the week and the easing into Insanity again next week. Is anyone else super sore as well?