60lb down 30lb to go, hi mfp peoples :)

Options
Heyyyy :) well I've been a member of MVP for about two weeks now and so far so good! Looking for even more inspirational, motivating people to join me on the rest of my journey. By motivational I don't mean I expect you to do cartwheels every time I lose a gram or have a good diary day haha ... just knowing you have taken it upon yourself to start this journey and don't intend on giving up is enough for me! Seeing before and after pictures, and having a good old nosey at how far you have come, goals you have and what sort of exercise you do is motivating .... if you have had a bad day or even weekend, seeing you get yaself back on track and determined is also motivating because we have all been there ... with us being human n'all! Sooooooooo, I'll stop waffling on now (mmmmm waffles :) .... add me :):laugh: :wink:

Replies

• louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    :)
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    :)
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Thanks to those that added:)
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're doing great :) Congrats darling :drinker:
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Now 71lb down, still looking for more of you inspirational fitness pals :) feel free to add
  • lorrainefriend
    lorrainefriend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hiya been on this a while but not really got cracking till now , but your doing fab , goon on ya !! Im absolute rubbish on the computer but and cant see how you add someone as a friend , help !!! Lorraine
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Haha accepted :)
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Bump
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nice 2 meet u! Looks like ur doing awesome so far! =)
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Still plodding along :) the more the merrier, 17lb to go
  • KatieBethann
    KatieBethann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! That's awesome. What did you do that made a difference in losing all the weight? Any pointers or tips?
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Hello sorry only just seen your post, taken me about 8months. Just stick with eating healthy and exercising, try and eat your goal calories swell as some of your exercise calories back, when I ate below 1200 calories I plateaued for three weeks! If you do plateau or gain don't give up, it will soon start dropping back off again. Don't deprive yourself so you end up craving things more then binging. I've lost weekly whilst eating McDonalds,takeaway,chocolate cake still ..... I just balance it out with healthy foods and watch my portion size .... that's whhats worked for me anyway, good luck in your journey :)
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Look at you and your awesome loss! I'm catching up to you, hehe :) I'm 65ish lbs down with about 40 more to go. Hurray us for being more than halfway there!
  • ClaudiaBette
    ClaudiaBette Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your goal loss is around where mine is. I'm at 43 lost so far. Good job!
  • louisegibbs85
    Options
    Well done on your loses :) weigh day tomorrow for me = treat day also :)
  • linjnew
    linjnew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been doing this, not religiously though, for about 2 weeks as well. Lost 4 gained 3....the calorie counting really keeps me in check for going out. I do a lot of socializing and charity events with restaurant food the main course...but if I quantify before I go, I make better choices. Would like to lose 50 lbs by next 9/9/14, it will be my 15th wedding anniversary, but at 60 years old, a little afraid this body is not responding very well to diet and exercise. Hope to be more diligent about tracking and increase my movement thermometer........thanks for the inspiration.:sad: