Wedding question - should I invite my evil cousin

Options
Alright I am getting ready to send out invites to my wedding. My mom wants me to invite the cousin that I refer to as the evil cousin, everyone has that one relative who takes joy on making your life a living hell.( I can go into details on the stuff she has done but pretty much I don't want to write a novel.) My reaction is wth for?? So she can make me cringe and grit my teeth. She honestly doesn't think she will go anyways but she feels since she is family why not.

Here is my dilemma should I listen to the mom or say screw it no way. What do you all think?

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    28681-nicki-minaj-Hell-no-gif-LuBd.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Are you willing to take the risk of her ruining your special day?
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Its YOUR wedding, not your moms. And if you are not close to the evil cousin, then nope. My hubby's cousin just got married in April and he was the only cousin from that side she invited - she isn't close to my hubby's siblings (he is 15 years younger than his next closest sister). She caught flack for it but she didn't care.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No way. It's your day, invite who you want.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm going along the lines of only inviting people who are happy for us both and have an active part in our current lives. I don't want anyone at our wedding who we don't get on with - that includes family - or peoples random plus ones.

That said if it was going to cause a big family rift I might invite them to the evening reception where I wouldn't notice them so much, and hope they chose not to come
  • cfergusontx
    Options
    No. I've had this kind of thing bite me more than once.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hell no, don't invite someone who could take away the great feeling you should have on your wedding day.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    She can't come!! This would be her the whole time!!

tumblr_mcfa9sE19H1qa7ilp.gif

and then you'll be all like

tumblr_mscdio1W551r5gx8xo1_400.gif

and you'll be doing this in your wedding dress...

tumblr_msv5gllPhF1r00zsho1_500.gif
  • griffith5150
    Options
    She can't come!! This would be her the whole time!!

tumblr_mcfa9sE19H1qa7ilp.gif

and then you'll be all like

tumblr_mscdio1W551r5gx8xo1_400.gif

and you'll be doing this in your wedding dress...

tumblr_msv5gllPhF1r00zsho1_500.gif

LOL Love this! Yah and I can imagine this happening too!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!! No way!!
  • glheureux56
    Options
    Its your wedding. I vote no. If it gets pushed real hard -- say screw the whole thing and go to Vegas (or wherever) -- or at least threaten to. If you dont care for someone, why invite them to YOUR day?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Fvuck that! It's my day she can suck it!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Unless it's going to cause some huge rift in your family (The members you actually like/care to be around) I'd say no. It makes no sense to invite someone who is just going to suck the joy out of your day.