need friends who can offer support and advice

Options
I don't get much encouragement at home--hubby keeps making mocking comments about counting calories and bringing home high cal desserts. Help! I need MFP friends that can offer support, encouragement and sometimes advice. I will be happy to reciprocate!

Kris

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tell hubby i would like to smack him upside the head, husbands are supposed to be supportive and he is failing miserably
  • MichiFfit
    MichiFfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well!
  • Jenelle64
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request....Anyone can add me if they would like.
  • KatieBethann
    KatieBethann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I can relate with what you wrote. My husband to makes inappropriate comments about my weight. When I do exercise he mocks me and makes fun of me exercising. I know for me that feels really bad so I can relate with how it might feel for you also. My husband also brings home fast food even after I have made meal plans.

I think you are doing an excellent things both reaching out to others and working to lose weight and be healthy awesome job. I hope that you will add me so that we can talk soon.

Take care,
    Katie
  • wendyn1998
    wendyn1998 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am also new to FPal, and lack support at home. My husband doesn't ridicule me, just eats whatever he wants in front of me and never gains a pound. I also work shift work and work with mostly all men, so they don't diet either. I need people who understand my struggles...like you.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Why does he do that??
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Add me please !! My hubby doesn't mock me but he doesn't normally see a difference even if ive tried my hardest and lost weight & I think I look better he doesnt see it !!
  • emberlea1
    emberlea1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me too. We all need friends to give us encouragement along the way. :smile:
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Id be happy to be added by anyone! The move the merrier :)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me! I'm trying my hardest to stick to my goals and encourage others along the way. I live alone, but when Im out with friends or visit my family, it's total debauchery, not much support or the ol " oh, you look good, eat up"....blah blah
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ..anyone can add me by the way :)
    The more the merrier when we are encouraging and supporting each other!
  • emilile18
    emilile18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I need all the encouragement I can get! too many times chocolate has won!
  • kellyb48
    Options
    A story that seems to be told many times! my dad used to bring home chocolate and take-a-ways or her favourite tipple every time she was on a diet - it used to really annoy me as a teenager but guess what - my partner said the other day - now you are going to be slim, that will be it - you will have loads of attention!!!!!!!!
    err it didn't seem to bother him when we met and I was v slim!?? In fact, being slim and fit was probably one of the attractive qualities (apart from personality) before we got to know each other.
    So, let those with insecurities of their own deal with them, whilst we deal with being on a road to a healthy and wonderful future!
  • mrscool5
    Options
    Try to get him to invest in this with you. Ask him directly WHY he wants to hinder you. Does he think if you lose weight you'll all of a sudden decide you can do better than him? (He may or may not think that and won't admit to it even if he does, but by SAYING it you can maybe get him to start thinking....)

Tell him WHY you are doing this and ask him to help you. Maybe it will do some good.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Tell hubby i would like to smack him upside the head, husbands are supposed to be supportive and he is failing miserably

Careful there... There could be many reasons why he's doing this. I just ended an incredibly long, passive-agressive arguement I've been having with my husband about exercise and nutrition. All because of many months of MY "woe-is-me-my-hubby-is-unsupportive" attitude and miscommunication on his part. After finally expressing myself better and asking the right questions to find out his worries and concerns, he's on board and looking forward to getting back into the gym and then back to kempo! Had I just smacked him upside the head, he'd be long gone...

OP - Have a serious heart to heart with him and be upfront with your reasons for all this and ask him why he's acting the way he is. I'm sure one of your reasons has to be so you can spend a long, happy and healthy life with him and then ask for his support! Then tell him how his actions make you feel and ask if that's his intention. I'm sure it's not. People grow at different rates and your new drive and determination may be a little scary for him. Give him a chance to catch up!
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I struggle with support myself. My friends, family, and roommates all suggest I eat their food with them. ^^; And I can't. It can be really hard to munch away on a salad I brought when they've got delicious burgers and chips sitting in front of me.

I'd love to be a friend! Maybe sharing our diaries or chatting on the home page will get us motivated to stay true to our goals. :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    crafuse is probably right - if you can get your hubby supporting you it will make you both happier and a much easier journey for you :)
  • renablue25
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am here all the time offering support, laughs and general friendship!!