I need some advice on this one. [Art nerds welcome!] =)

Options
124»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The artist Andrew Wyeth has a beautiful series with doors and windows that make me think about the breeze.
    http://www.awyethgallery.com/andrew/pentecost_andrew_wyeth.jpg
    http://muybridgeshorse.com/wp-content/uploads/andrew-wyeth-03.jpg

Also, as a "just throwing it out there" do you have to paint on canvas? It would be nifty to paint on something transparent.

This reminds me of when my grandma would open her windows and let her sheer curtains blow in the breeze. *happy childhood memories*
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    as an artist, I worked with figures and faces, mostly -

I would probably take this theme and turn it into something in a relationship. a woman in the moment when her breath is taken away, or a couple in perpetual uncomfortable silence.

but, there is a time constraint. I don't mind the more literal interpretations, like a feather or bag. I also like the windows and curtains or shutters.

"up and away" does have that "Superman takes flight" feel to it in terms of freedom, so my inclination would be to find a different interpletation. Up and away - someone leaving another at a table. Up and away - a flower being spat out of a lawnmower. Up and away - a shattered window by a ball...
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    A single leaf blowing in the wind above a lonely girl sitting on the ground in an open spot in the woods, lots of fall coloured leaves on the ground around her:)
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to do the balloon thing..what about how air is within water? or if you did bubbles coming up from the sea bed with things caught within them? as in up and away? with some bursting at the surface and things now floating on the water with a storm on the surface with blowing wind and waves?
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OR THIS

1175324_538213056233206_965169044_n.jpg

Thank you for making me clean the coffee out of my keyboard... LOL
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You know that really popular tattoo of little dandelion threads being blown into the air? That's what I always think of. Breath into the air, a nice exhale, blowing out the stress and letting it go.