Reward Yourself Ideas?

Options
I am crawling back on the the wagon after gaining back over half my weight. I was wanting to treat myself to something every 10 lbs. I was looking for a price range of $20 or less. Any ideas?

Replies

• crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Clothing is always a good motivator especially females.

I lost 60 pounds this year and rewarded myself with a half sleeve tattoo. I believe I will continue that route once I hit goals.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten myself something fun and frivolous when I hit a mini goal. When I get down to 150, I'm going to get myself some Seattle Seahawks pajama pants that I saw.

Crackur, awesome job on those 60 pounds!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pedicure or massage. Or new shoes
  • lindsayk324
    lindsayk324 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the kinds of rewards I get for myself don't match your $20 or less criteria, but I'll post them anyway in case somebody else is looking for ideas.

Haircut/style
    Massage
    Laser hair removal
    Microdermabrasion
    Teeth whitening strips

When I hit my goal or I feel like I'm really in top shape, my Near-Ultimate Goal Body reward is to get a professional boudoir photoshoot done!
  • Jessbefit
    Options
    Personally I love shoes. That's how I pretty much always reward myself
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Godblessedmom
    Godblessedmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have gotten: an African violet, new purse, girl's night out to the movies and plan on getting a tattoo at 50lbs and 100lbs!
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mini goals= clothing for me (I keep it inexpensive- goodwill, Kohl's Clearance rack, etc (I don't plan on being in this size long)

When I reach goal weight, I am rewarding myself with a tattoo.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Goal weight = new motorcycle

talk about motivation.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    when i hit my ultimate goal weight i'll probably get a tattoo or a piercing, until then, clothes, lingerie, new running shoes or extra weight plates :happy:
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We reward here with new body wash and matching lotion from Bath and Body Works. It is a special treat since normally it is too expensive to shop there all the time. When she dropped a full clothing size we hit the end of the year clearance rack for my wife and got her a bunch of new swim pieces for $20.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Some new workout clothes or a pedicure always work for me!
  • Charlito29
    Charlito29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a scale that weighed every tenth pound. Every time I lost a 1/10 of a pound, I put $1 in a jar. When I first lost 30 pounds, I had $300 and with some Christmas money bought myself an iPad.

This time around I am putting $1 in the jar every day that I workout at least 30 minutes. The jar is not filling up as fast, but it seems to be a better incentive to get up off my butt (my biggest challenge - not food - but activity). I don't know exactly what I will buy, but it will be something I wouldn't get myself without some sort of sacrafice.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I liked getting a subscription to one of the Fitness magazines ... they can be motivational too and you get a new one each month. Some new songs to workout to ... a pedicure.

If rewards motivate, there are many small sites/apps that you can earn rewards with too. Given, many of the "rewards" are just discounts in disguise, but there are also charity options too which I feel good about giving - earned for doing workouts I would have done anyway. I highlighted a few of the ones out there on my blog
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/get-rewarded-for-getting-fit.html
    but there are even more out there!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i dont plan to reward myself until i hit my planned goal or where i am satisified with my body at the moment whether it be 153 or 178 or 146. i dont know. ive never been under 200 so i cant say what i will like best. but when i do, i will be getting a tattoo.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    1) Runskirt
    2) Sweaty bands
    3) Technical tee
    4) Inspiration bracelet
    5) Socks
  • Mswalker81
    Mswalker81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get pedicure's if I meet my goals. It can be inexpensive and we def put our feet though some work! :happy:
  • Deja_Thoris
    Deja_Thoris Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm using a charm bracelet - down 10 lbs means adding another charm (lots to be had for under $20). I use a pic of the next charm I am working towards as the lock screen on my cell phone, so every time I use it I see what I am working towards. Also, since the charm bracelet is on my right hand, whenever I reach for something to eat/drink I have a visual reminder of the weight loss goals I have accomplished so far. This has been a great incentive to make better choices.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I had a scale that weighed every tenth pound. Every time I lost a 1/10 of a pound, I put $1 in a jar. When I first lost 30 pounds, I had $300 and with some Christmas money bought myself an iPad.

This time around I am putting $1 in the jar every day that I workout at least 30 minutes. The jar is not filling up as fast, but it seems to be a better incentive to get up off my butt (my biggest challenge - not food - but activity). I don't know exactly what I will buy, but it will be something I wouldn't get myself without some sort of sacrafice.

I like this! I'd love to get a tablet of some type ;)
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Pedicure or massage. Or new shoes

Love the pedi idea. Nothing like having cute toes when you jump in the shower after a workout. After all we beat our feet up so much when we work out.

In fact I look for Groupons for cheap pedicures. I have to stick with my same girl for the nails. But the pedicure I am willing to go to a new place to try it out. I just bought one for $32 that includes a mani and pedi. But it was from my regular nail tech.

If you like a certain brand of make up -- how about a new lipstick or gloss. I love MAC so I am setting a goal for Nov. and will be rewarding myself with a new holiday collection from them.

Also I recently bought myself a pinky ring from Pandora. I wear it as a reminder of where I am going. When it becomes to big...I am hoping it fits another finger.

Other ideas:
    1. music
    2. book or ebooks if you have an ereader (love my kindle)
    3. candle
    4. bath soaps
    5. GC to your favorite store
    6. Trip to Goodwill ( I find awesome clothes there)