Kick my butt?

Options
I am so off track, you guys. My foot is injured, I'm losing my job, and my mother has moved in with me -- added stress, decreased exercise, and constant fast food availability (my mom is not a fan of the healthy foods). I need a kick in the pants, big-time, to get me back on track with my food at least. And I'll probably need another once my foot heals and I can get moving again.

Make me do it. Make me eat right when I'm depressed and in pain and all I want is to eat every cheeseburger in town. Please?

Replies

• Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    OMG you have a LOT on your plate....hang in there and make sure to get some ME time.. Can't blame Mom, Can't blame job, Can't blame foot...do SOMETHING every day for YOU...bike swim.. whatever until your foot heals...you can find stretches and non impact exercise on You Tube .. get to it!!!! ( is that naggy enough?).... mom may not be a fan of healthy foods.. so she can keep them in HER room so you don't have to deal with them....hang in there and make sure to value yourself!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    pull yourself together
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    No excuses. If you can't stand up, you can do Pilates on the floor, or chair exercises. If you can get to a pool and swim, even better.
  • capt_morgann
    Options
    Remember the cheeseburger will only taste good for a couple minutes, but you will have added pounds that take much longer to lose. Try filling yourself up with a bunch of raw carrots and drink plenty of water. I also brush my teeth after I finish a meal to help get the taste of food out and recognize I am finished eating. Offer to go on a walk with your mom to get out of the house and away from the pantry. Hope this helps
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fast food does not have to be take out.... you can make great stuff and make it look and feel like fast food when you are eating healthy. If you foot is bad and you cannot move, get egg noddles in, some prawns and some sweet and sour light sauces and you have a meal in minutes. A cheeseburger made with mince and egg that you have done your self is a whole lot better tasting let alone less calories. Make a batch load sitting on the chair too and freeze the ones you have left. The fast food is going to make you eat more because the **** that is in it will not fill you up nutritionally. Your body is trying to heal so stop feeding it crap and help it by doing yourself a big old favor and make some great food x I think that is your butt kicked tongue:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Fast food does not have to be take out.... you can make great stuff and make it look and feel like fast food when you are eating healthy. If you foot is bad and you cannot move, get egg noddles in, some prawns and some sweet and sour light sauces and you have a meal in minutes. A cheeseburger made with mince and egg that you have done your self is a whole lot better tasting let alone less calories. Make a batch load sitting on the chair too and freeze the ones you have left. The fast food is going to make you eat more because the **** that is in it will not fill you up nutritionally. Your body is trying to heal so stop feeding it crap and help it by doing yourself a big old favor and make some great food x I think that is your butt kicked tongue:

Good point. A homemade cheeseburger is entirely in your control. Use lean beef, or turkey. Have it on half a bun. It's good protein!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I buy 97% lean hamburger....works wonders makes a mean "sloppy joe" with just a tiny bit of BBQ sauce... get low cal buns..bit of tomato and onlon and good to go!...
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Inserting foot up *kitten* as we speak:bigsmile:
  • TIFFANYH25
    Options
    Losing your job is a good excuse for not eating out. Turn that negative to a positive
  • pkdscript
    pkdscript Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Start running! It'll get you out of your house and away from your mom! Put on some really motivating music and go for it. I NEVER thought I would say I like running but I am doing my 4th half marathon Saturday and can honestly say I am looking forward to it!! You burn a ton of calories and it is probably the most inexpensive sport out there (aside from a good pair of running shoes).