20lbs down with pics, can you tell

Options
This morning I was so excited, I was able to sleep in, my cat was fine (long story short he tried to jump a fence yesterday, hung himself, hurt his leg but is doing better), and then I stepped on the scale and it was the cherry on the cake … I was officially under 250lbs, I am now at 248lbs. It has been a VERY long time, at least 3 years I would say, since I have been under 250lbs. I jumped and jumped with joy and was so excited. Yes, I am still a long way away from my end goal, but making progress I guess. Here is the issue whenever I lose a bit of weight I like to take a picture at an old one and do comparisons and see if I can notice it. At ten pounds I couldn't tell a difference, at 15 pounds I couldn't really see a difference, and now that I have lost twenty, yet again I still feel disgusted and that there is no change at all. I know I have lost 20 pounds now, and I have lost inches as well, but for some reason, when I see a picture of myself, all I see is a big blob.

Can you tell the difference ? When did you start to see a change in how you looked ?

30jrwnr.jpg

2d7yjd4.jpg

Replies

• nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    first of all awesome job!! and yes! you lost can tell that u lost in your thighs and also in your tummy! Did u take measurements? sometimes when I don't lose weight I end up losing inches which are just as good!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I can tell in your thighs! that's awesome. I started at 278- I've lost 27 and can't tell at all :( but I obviously have a long way to go and not stopping anytime soon. good job girl, keep it up.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    first of all awesome job!! and yes! you lost can tell that u lost in your thighs and also in your tummy! Did u take measurements? sometimes when I don't lose weight I end up losing inches which are just as good!

Yes I have measurements as well, I get them done every two weeks, so far I am down 15 inches, maybe I am just being hard on myself, but frick, I want to be able to see a difference with all this work I've been putting in, yes the scale and measuring tape tell me great things, but I just wish I could see it in pictures if that makes sense
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yep I can tell :)
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your waist is more defined! You're doing great!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can see it. But I'm the same way, I was around your starting weight and I'm 5'8. I'm down almost 10lbs and I feel like I can see a tiny difference CLOTHED in the mirror and in pix, but in bra and panties I look exactly the same... it takes at least 20lbs for me to notice any difference either way. It's a good thing if I gain weight since I can put 20-25lbs before I need a bigger pants size. Hell, I'm still wearing shirts from 40lbs ago (a little snug, but acceptable for going out in public, heh)... but I'm hoping that won't be the trend anymore. But yeah, it definitely takes taller girls with a little more weight on them longer to see a difference... but you're on the right track and doing a great job, keep it up! Can't wait 'til my -20!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. Your waist, your thighs both smaller.

You're doing great!
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm....YES, you can totally tell! You look great. It's hard when you don't see dramatic results but it all adds up. ( I just need to follow this advice too...I have 70 lbs to go) :smile:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yes, the difference is obvious but more importantly YOU are pleased which is obvious in your post. The motivation is clear so I wish you luck in your continued journey
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    absolutely!! GREAT JOB!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You asked, so I'll get detailed. First, you can now see your collar bones a bit better! Next, look at the pudge that no longer exists in your underarm area right above your bra! And right under! Then, your belly button area looks flatter.. The transition between your stomach and thighs (where your underwear is) looks smoother, too. And then yes, your thighs look smaller, also! So you see, you CAN see it! Well, we can, but you can't. LOL It's normal to feel that way because you see yourself every day. It's hard for me at times, too. Another thing is, the heavier you are, the more you typically have to lose to 'see' the progress. And feel it. But keep it up! You're doing great! And just FYI, you have a great body shape! That really helps with 'carrying your weight well' but can also make losing it seem slower because it is distributed in a good way. Again, Congrats!!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I can totally see a difference. Your skin looks smoother, your waist more defined.
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your tummy and thighs look smaller! How are your clothes fitting? I bet much better. 20lbs is a huge loss! Such a big step towards something great! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the motivation!
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    is there a before pic.
  • daisym73
    Options
    great....Yes I can see a difference mostly in the waist and tummy....
    Keep it up...
  • nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Yes I have measurements as well, I get them done every two weeks, so far I am down 15 inches, maybe I am just being hard on myself, but frick, I want to be able to see a difference with all this work I've been putting in, yes the scale and measuring tape tell me great things, but I just wish I could see it in pictures if that makes sense
    Well I think you did vey well sometimes we can't see it ourselves how much progress we have made but u def have a lot of progress showing!
  • Lavidarachel
    Lavidarachel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can really tell! Well done! I have lost 24lbs, and haven't changed in clothes sizes, or much in measurements, so any change is a massive bonus!

Keep doing what you are doing, its obviously working!xx
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is a really great difference!
  • ThinnerKym
    ThinnerKym Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I can tell! I've been hovering at 251.5 for a couple of weeks. (Actually more like 4.) I really hope to renew my motivation and be below 250 by the end of this week. Keep up the great work and thank you for inspiring me today!
  • asylum_e
    asylum_e Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous comment, your body is well proportioned and so you carry weight 'well' which means you won't see the loss in any one spot more than others so you sorta have to look closer to see the loss. But be happy for having such a nice figure that a lot of girls need to use 'shaping garments' to achieve!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!