Replies

• tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for the perfect french fry....... The goal is two eat two, because I can not just eat one! Favorite Fry is Culvers! Used to be MacD's but they have changed in the past 3 years.

Had two fries from Culvers Childrens meal on Wednesday, fresh from the fryer, Totally satisfying. DH ate the remainder and we left one for the french fry fairy in thanks for giving us the strength to just get the child size portion
  • cherrydale
    cherrydale Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I made these green beans last night and, while not exactly like french fries, they were very good and I will be making them again. I did not need to bake for 40 minutes-probably closer to 25. OP, thanks for sharing the recipe.
  • Scheerske
    Options
    A good recepy for fries I made is really easy.

Just cut hard potatoes into large fries.
    Boil them till they are good but NOT falling appart.
    Take a pan with some arachide (peanut) oil bake them. Or another oil that can stand large temperature.
    They are gold brown and only take a small part of the oil that other fries do.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't know about them being "just like french fries" but I love roasted green beans. So simple and yummy.

We just picked some fresh ones today for this very purpose! Maybe tomorrow.... :)
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER
    I haven't read the previous 20 pages.

Guess what also tastes just like french fries......potatoes

Green beans for fries, cauliflower for pizza crust, kale for potato chips....its no wonder everyone hates the word diet! LOL

p.s. you CAN make healthier versions of all the above
    The_More_You_Know.jpg

lol! I also have a disclaimer - I love real fries and real pizza....but I actually also really enjoy these other things.

I eat real fries (had chili cheese fries last night! mmmm). And I eat real pizza. But I also really like to really eat and if I ate them every day, I would end up hungry sometimes because I would use up my calories. I think it's fun to try different things and find things I "also" like. But I don't expect them to be the same, just good food.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love these! I love the colour and I love the sweetness you get when they caramelize. I coated mine with garlic infused olive oil, garlic powder and salt. They have slightly more protein and fiber than regular potato fries which is a bonus too!
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have never liked green beans, but I have followed this recipe and they actually taste great. Thank you!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight and loved them. I can't eat potatoes, so this is a godsend for me. Only one problem ... I didn't make enough of them.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day ....
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    A thread on green beans being just like French fries

ROLLS

ffs

I've seen too much today
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    All you did was cook green beans? LEast inventive food substitue ever
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER
    I haven't read the previous 20 pages.

Guess what also tastes just like french fries......potatoes

Green beans for fries, cauliflower for pizza crust, kale for potato chips....its no wonder everyone hates the word diet! LOL

p.s. you CAN make healthier versions of all the above
    The_More_You_Know.jpg

Right?!

And black beans in brownies, frozen Cool Whip, etc. Have real treats less often. You'll enjoy them more.