Night Time hunger!!!!

Options
I am 28 pounds down but doing too much night time snacking on small stuff, even though its said to be good for you too much of anything is not good for you. Anyone have any ideas other than WILL POWER...lol..

Here are the few ideas I have:

Drink a tall glass of water and wait 20 minutes
Do sit-ups
Find a raw veggie you like

Honestly, thats all I got....Any other Ideas

I have tried the water last week and this week and it makes a huge difference.

Replies

• kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Obviously this is probably not a problem guys have but for us girls.... STOP GOING ON PINTEREST AT NIGHT. Seeing all of those yummy recipes, healthy or not, makes me SO hungry! Same with watching TV shows like Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins, Food Network, etc.... Those are my weaknesses.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you're actually hungry, save calories for a snack. I can't go to sleep without having some real food in my system.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Who wants to have to brush again just for the sake of an unnecessary snack?
  • johngypsy
    johngypsy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one for me as well. I have tried having carrots and celery sticks with a touch of fat-free cheese in the evening, but I also log in everything I've eaten that day up to that point to see if I have any 'left-over' calories. If I do, I'll try to find a snack that helps me stay w/in that limit. Knowing that I only have so many calories left has definitely helped me. Another thing to keep in mind is to get some exercise throughout the day so that you have a little reserve to use for evening snacks. I bought a pedometer a few weeks back, and I find that I burn 100-200 calories a day just from all my walking around, so it wouldn't take much to build yourself a little cushion.
    Good luck.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    start planning good snacks for nighttime. Its the best that works for me. An apple may have sugars but lots of good fiber too.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one for me as well. I have tried having carrots and celery sticks with a touch of fat-free cheese in the evening, but I also log in everything I've eaten that day up to that point to see if I have any 'left-over' calories. If I do, I'll try to find a snack that helps me stay w/in that limit. Knowing that I only have so many calories left has definitely helped me. Another thing to keep in mind is to get some exercise throughout the day so that you have a little reserve to use for evening snacks. I bought a pedometer a few weeks back, and I find that I burn 100-200 calories a day just from all my walking around, so it wouldn't take much to build yourself a little cushion.
    Good luck.

That happened to me, too. I got a Fitbit and realized I am wayyyyyy more active than I thought. I always thought I was sedentary because I have a desk job, but I run around like crazy outside of work and literally never stop moving, so my Fitbit goes nuts with the amount of steps I take.

And I've realized I will just get hungry at night. fact. I eat every couple hours and I just plan my dinner and know I'll have a snack 2 hrs later. It got rid of all the "guilty" feelings. I just plan it in my calories for the day.
  • natmckn
    natmckn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am WITH YOU on this!!! No pinterest after dinner, and I've banned myself from watching the food network as well! I always try to ask myself the question as I'm headed into the kitchen: "Am I really hungry or just bored?" Also I don't really keep junk-type snacks in the house any longer.
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well it doesn't always work for me but sometimes it helps if I eat something at night like peeling an orange peeling each piece and slicing an apple and then eating a piece . It gives me something to do and it takes a bit of time to eat it But if I am really craving I probably will end up having what I crave But I do save my calories for night so I wont feel too deprived