"Sorry, not accepting any more friend requests"

Options

Replies

• HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ]

Thank you!

I've never been really huge, so I haven't had to deal with the discrimination from being overweight. I've never been ridiculed because of it. Nobody has ever called me fat.

So, I'm not really a pro at losing weight. Admittedly, 2.5 lbs. a week may not work.

But what really blows my mind is how seemingly retaliatory some folks are, who have been really overweight and have been treated like trash. It's like coming here to kick some *kitten* is their way of getting even.

What a horrible place to serve up some justice, or unload some years of pent up resentments.

Like the person who prefaced their comment with, "I'll be blunt" and then ended it with a slight about the other poster's weight.

On one thread, folks are talking about how horribly they've been treated, and all the rotten things people have said to them about their weight. And on all the other threads, are people who have been really overweight, just waiting to kick anybody who dares to open their mouth.

whatever. Sorry if I alerted all the weight loss professional gawkers. No, I have no plans to become anorexic. I'm a mom and a wife. I'm not about to do anything stupid.

It wasn't a slight it was just the truth without rainbows and pixy dust :noway:

You yourself have been quite rude - and apparently don't even have an excuse like the "formally really overweight people". Wow you are pretty judgemental yourself hun.

Here have a flower :flowerforyou: :noway:

Also to add it's interesting that you claim the mean folk on this thread are the ones that have been really overweight - yet they have less weight to lose than you overall...........

I don't know how much a cartoon cat should weigh, so I can't be sure if you have less to lose than me or not. I'm a human. Unless.... that's not really a pic of you.
  • Nickknock
    Nickknock Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If this energy was spent in the gym, we all would have lost 2.5 pounds today...
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To all the many people who friended me today, and who had very kind things to say off of this forum, thank you. I hope to motivate you also. :)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to get in on this a little more... because wow.
    292.gif

off topic but....... could you PLEASE tell me where to find that ingenious little donkey device? I need that like, yesterday.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Because no wife/mother's have had an eating disorder ever. Makes sense.

I have seen nobody treat anybody poorly in this thread except you, and possibly the hangry person who was being blunt (and that was questionable). You were the one who started the personal attacks against the person who you called an *kitten*, and said nobody would ever mistake for nice.

Hmph. I'm never hangry.

There is no reason to "come after" anyone. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about losing 2.25 lbs per month as long as you have that weight to lose. It's agressive and not easy, but can be done healthily.

....K. I feel like this is just a different way of saying exactly what I said.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    ]

Thank you!

I've never been really huge, so I haven't had to deal with the discrimination from being overweight. I've never been ridiculed because of it. Nobody has ever called me fat.

So, I'm not really a pro at losing weight. Admittedly, 2.5 lbs. a week may not work.

But what really blows my mind is how seemingly retaliatory some folks are, who have been really overweight and have been treated like trash. It's like coming here to kick some *kitten* is their way of getting even.

What a horrible place to serve up some justice, or unload some years of pent up resentments.

Like the person who prefaced their comment with, "I'll be blunt" and then ended it with a slight about the other poster's weight.

On one thread, folks are talking about how horribly they've been treated, and all the rotten things people have said to them about their weight. And on all the other threads, are people who have been really overweight, just waiting to kick anybody who dares to open their mouth.

whatever. Sorry if I alerted all the weight loss professional gawkers. No, I have no plans to become anorexic. I'm a mom and a wife. I'm not about to do anything stupid.

It wasn't a slight it was just the truth without rainbows and pixy dust :noway:

You yourself have been quite rude - and apparently don't even have an excuse like the "formally really overweight people". Wow you are pretty judgemental yourself hun.

Here have a flower :flowerforyou: :noway:

Also to add it's interesting that you claim the mean folk on this thread are the ones that have been really overweight - yet they have less weight to lose than you overall...........

I don't know how much a cartoon cat should weigh, so I can't be sure if you have less to lose than me or not. I'm a human. Unless.... that's not really a pic of you.

Just want to clarify that the cartoon is of a woman hiker, not a cat.
  • MistyEE
    Options
    This is more and more frequent. I too would like a donkey cigarette dispenser....even though I don't smoke anymore.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Where is that dad gum popcorn?!?

All the rudeness aside, here is a good read. If you are serious about losing weight and being healthy for your kiddos, here is one good way to do it! Bottom line, you can lose 30 pounds but will it be detirmental to your helath? Losing muscle and bone density are probably not your goal but will be the sacrifice you make for too fast weight loss.

http://www.naturalnews.com/011285_weight_loss_strength_training.html

I accept all friend requests, btw. I try not to be an "overeager keyboard thumper: but I have to say, I follow alot of the posters who are. You see, they are doing it right and I have learned alot from their posts. Why can't we all just get along?? :bigsmile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Actually It depends on how much weight you have to lose as to how much is a healthy amount to lose in a month. If you only have like 20 to 50 to lose then , yeah, 1-2 lbs a week would be great but if you have 100-150+ to lose then losing 10 + lbs a month is nothing. The closer you get to your goal though it should slow down. I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks but I also have 150 lbs to lose. I am following the allowances that MFP set up for me and keeping my calorie intake around 1500 calories. Everyone is different though and loses weight at different paces.

To be blunt this isn't about you or your goals. You have 139 pounds yet to go, the OP has 30. No one is going to come after you and say "You can't lose 10 pounds a month', I assure you.

Ouch. She was just trying to be helpful, no need to snap at her

She wasn't snapping. She was being blunt. It's even written - "To be blunt"

Saying "I'm a selfish ****" doesn't make it okay to be one. Saying "to be blunt" doesn't exempt you from having basic manners and from showing decency towards others. There was no need for the last sentence

When I read that last sentence, I did not read it as an attack - as if she was saying "you're fat so don't worry"
    When I read it.. i read it as.. stating the fact that because the poster has a long way to go, 10 pounds a month is highly doable for her. So no one is going to tell her she can't do it. If that same poster loses 120 pounds and comes back and says she's going to lose the last bit at the same rate... then they WILL tell her it can't be done.

I have been working for 3 years on my last 15 pounds. Body recomp is HARD. Maintenance is a challenge. Finding balance is key.

It's like athletes... when they start out, they make huge gains in their speeds or distances, but eventually they level out and have to fight for their gains the closer they reach Olympian status.

Weight loss is no different. The closer you get to goal, the harder you have to fight for it.

I know the person who posted that comment - she was not being mean, she is not a mean person. She was just saying... when you have a good chunk of weight to lose, no one is going to tell you THAT goal for THAT weight is unrealistic. because it isn't.

The OP's goal, if her ticker is accurate and it takes her to healthy body range... IS unrealistic.

When I grow up, I want to be super nice and smart like Mirey. :flowerforyou: And I agree with you. I didn't read that as an attack either. Just a "yes, that works for you, but it won't work for OP".

^^I'm in this camp. Everyone started jumping all over Chelle's comment and I had no clue why they were all twisted. Apparently reading comprehension is not a thing, but calling people an *kitten* is. FR most definitely NOT sent.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    a-lighten-up-funny-quotes_zps549ebbcb.jpg
  • If this energy was spent in the gym, we all would have lost 2.5 pounds today...

This may be the truest statement I have ever read on this site. EVER.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am also not accepting as in mostly accepting friend requests =)

active both on here and in real life lol
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    All thanks to the "*****'s" on this site who set me straight.

It's not like anyone on this forum (or anyone PERIOD) holds the keys to the kingdom (e.g. weight loss success).

There's enough information out there to educate yourself without having to deal with vulgarity.

Trust me, if all the "*****'s" (as you referred to them) kept quiet, there would still be enough respectful help to keep you afloat.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Even though I won't be sending a FR, I did come back to leave this for you, I think you'll enjoy it. I didn't know much about how to lose weight when I got here, but this post is *full* of accurate info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    This is more and more frequent. I too would like a donkey cigarette dispenser....even though I don't smoke anymore.

cigarette dispenser, thank you! I was going to call it something else but don't want a strike... do not want for cigarettes, I have a better use in mind for it.
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yeah just don't get bummed if that's not how it works out

Worse things have happened. :)

I feel ya. I started out thinking 10lbs a month were going to just drop off of me, after all, I've always been able to lose weight fast. I'm not even getting 4 lbs a month. And, if you, or anyone else for that matter, can learn from others mistakes, I have found from calorie deprivation that what happens is "NEW" fat cells are created in the definite eventuality of not being able to sustain calorie deprivation over time. What that does is causes your metabolism to be damaged and....well, guess what....You end up like me who has always in a snap been able to lose weight very quickly....till now. So, I'm exercising a lot (which I've always loved) and eating the calories I need to lose 1-1/2 lbs per week (although that hasn't been the result thus far) and repairing my metabolism. Lucky for me I love to workout. Another thing that happens when you take your calories to low, is you lose muscle mass which you need to burn fat more quickly and to look buff too.

I support you and would think it is awesome if you can do it and don't judge you at all. We all want to lose it and lose it fast. That's why diet pills and fads make tons of money. But in the end, the steady and cautious approach will make you the winner and the pounds permanent losers. That's what I am shooting for. To never be in this position again, ever. Would love to be friends!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    re word the statement in bold... you PERCEIVED it to be a slight about the other person's weight.
    It was not written with that intention. You PERCEIVED it that way. More than one other person read it as the opposite.

untwist that there thong, deary.

Glad to hear you aren't going to do anything stupid.

Doesn't that just mean that technically it could have been a slight or it could have been (somehow) meant to be positive?

Is the forum this pointless on BB.com?
  • Katm52404
    Options
    I like your style :)
  • Is there "useless arguing over the internet with people you will never really meet about miniscule things" in the exercise database? Cause if there is there a lot of people on MFP who will be able to really chow down today!
This discussion has been closed.