beet juice for breakfast weight loss, 25 pounds in 2 months

Options

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    there is no protein in that, so he could have lost a good amount of muscle mass.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    man, you guys are kinda being ridiculous. i mean havent you heard of people doing juice cleanses? i think my friend did the same thing. i mean the fiber from the beet probably pushed all of the junk that may have been stuck in his colon and intestines. its a possibility.

Oh.

Anyway. Glowgirl you're right of course but I presume that since this guy lose weight and "made no other changes." That a deficit had to come from somewhere.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    man, you guys are kinda being ridiculous. i mean havent you heard of people doing juice cleanses? i think my friend did the same thing. i mean the fiber from the beet probably pushed all of the junk that may have been stuck in his colon and intestines. its a possibility.

The magical Fat Faerie is a possibility too.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

There was no junk stuck in his colon unless he was constipated. :laugh:

He ate less food in total each day so he lost weight. It's simple.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

So he lost 25lbs of dookie?? :huh: :laugh:

Give it up, guys. The OP is not willing to listen to reason.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Let me put my tinfoil hat on before I read this one again....

NOPE! Still makes no sense...
  • suannemarie
    Options
    The magical Fat Faerie is a possibility too.

I'll put $5 under my pillow if it will visit my house and get rid of this 4 pounds of butter in my freezer.
  • Francessaisme
    Francessaisme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The loss is due to his calorie intake (or lack of). I "cleanse" as well so it really has nothing to do with beet. Also you've mention fiber a few times but most of the fiber is removed when you juice. Ask him what he use to eat prior to the change and compare it with the calories he consumed in his morning drink.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    That isnt a BAD idea but its not magic your friend was doing more than just drinking juice try and eat some of your fruits and veggies as well its a good way to gets some vitamins and beets are yummy :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    All I can say is his breakfasts prior to the beat juice must have been very high calorie in order for him to lose 25 lbs in two months. That is way too much to lose in so little time.

Personally, I think he's pulling your leg.

Is it healthy? (losing weight so fast AND Pulling your leg.) Absolutely not.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Now, he is also very active, he's a tennis pro and plays everyday.

Yep, I'd say that this has more to do with it then any magic beet juice.
  • ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    well everyone, considering i know the man, it did happen, he did lose 25 pounds and he swears it was the beet juice, no matter how much all of you complain about magic unicorns and tigers, it did happen, sorry if that ruins your day
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!, I have beets every single day, 7 days a week.
    so so good for you!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    well everyone, considering i know the man, it did happen, he did lose 25 pounds and he swears it was the beet juice, no matter how much all of you complain about magic unicorns and tigers, it did happen, sorry if that ruins your day

I doubt it ruins anyone's day, to be honest.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I doubt it ruins anyone's day, to be honest.

Nope. Doesn't matter what he says, he lost weight because he consumed less calories not because beet juice is magic.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

And lots of people on here believe that raspberry ketones helped them lose weight. Doesnt make it true.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

He lost 25 lbs, nobody is negating that. The beet juice is the cause. People like you who believe shiz like this is why there is a huge market for selling people crap to aid their weight loss, when the reality is that calories in less than calories out is what causes one to lose weight. I visited the restroom earlier, lost some weight as a result. Maybe if I supplement my diet with Miralax I will look super lean and ripped. If you fail to accept the actual logistics of weight loss of your own accord, that is your choice, and my investments in "health companies" thank you for the contributions made by people looking for the magical solution.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

You asked a question and you received answers, even if you may not agree with them. It was a calorie deficit, not the beets. I would wager nobody is going to lose sleep about this thread, nor did it ruin anybody's day. It happens all of the time....an OP asks a question, does not receive the answers they were hoping for and they get mad. (or say everyone is mean, or a bully or whatever term is popular that day)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in two months without ever going near a beet. True story.