challenge yourself... are you hitting a plateau, then read t

Options
how to keep increasing your reps in all your strength training, and calisthenics workouts without hitting a peak point, or plateau... now... this way of increasing takes a little longer, but... it builds natural muscle, not water weight muscle, so it stays longer...

(strength training) - ok now, you have your workout routine... do the same thing you have been doing, but every week increase by a single rep... just do 1 more rep in all your workouts the next week... this way you will always increase and it wont be to hard of a short term goal to aim for... i know what your saying, just 1 rep... yes... just 1 rep, when you do this it allows the body enuf time to transition and make solid gains... here's an example, say you bench 4 sets of 8 of whatever weight, the next week do 4 sets of 9, week after 4 sets of 10, and so on...(note; increase all the workouts, not just 1), and here's the trick.. when you get up to 20 reps, move up in weight so that your at 4 sets of 8 again... so you start your routine off as power workouts, and weeks later they end up endurence workouts, then you start it all over again back to power... it takes longer i know, but you will make solid gains, and you have to remember... it dosnt happen over night, it takes time...

(calisthenics) - this technic works with calisthenics to but theres no weight involved and its mainly all endurence... now this technic works best if you already hit a peak in your maxout sets in calisthenics, this will work very well to help you keep increasing...

Replies

• angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ithink this is a good idea. i never thought of increasing reps only weights. Thanx!!
  • bigred727
    Options
    glad to help, check my blogs and other topics to find out new workouts and ideas... always putting something new up...
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post!!! such a simple step.
  • bigred727
    Options
    the problem with most people is they forget to increase... and they end up doing the same thing for weeks, you have to make yourself increase, its not goin to just happen on its own... so there doin the same thing expecting different results...