Who do you choose?...... Mayweather or Canelo

Options
ChristinaOrtiz23
ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
I was thinking Mayweather, till i heard his sparring partner knock him down.....Canelo has heart and endurance and a hard punch but Mayweather has technic, But i still think mayweather going to win, but not by a knock out!!!

Replies

• MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love Canelo to win, Mayweather will win by unanimous decision.
  • jclark0523
    jclark0523 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think Mayweather has finally bite off more than he can chew. Canelo's got this one!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    As much as I would love Canelo to win, Mayweather will win by unanimous decision.

agree, Mayweather got the upper hand sometimes because of that money.... one of his fighters (black guy) fought some guy (spanish guy with braids) and the other guy (spainsh guy with braids) OBVIOUSLY won but mayweather guy one... smh, money can buy anything now a days
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would love canelo to win.... Saw him fight in Vegas this time last year, amazing night!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Floyd's gpt this. He's way too fast for this dude.
  • anewlife4me8610
    anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mayweather is a good fighter, I will grant him that. I have seen many of his fights but what turns me off about him is his arrogance and his stupid backpack of one million dollars!!!! He has gotten more and more cocky lately and I am starting to actually dislike him....
    Canelo has a lot of respect, I am sure that has to do with his heritage...I like him because he lets his actions speak for him...he doesn't try to come off as a bad *kitten* even though he is a great fighter! He is not arrogant and I like that about him. I am reminded of Pacquiao, He had an innocence about him, he was passive but he was a great fighter, then he let the media and the money turn him into an arrogant idiot and what happened...he got knocked the F out!!! Same exact thing with the Golden boy and also with Chavez....I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Canelo....
  • MexicanOsmosis
    Options

That speed is why I think he'll win by unanimous decision. Canelo will take a few of the early rounds, but after that it'll be Mayweather sticking to that defensive style he does extremely well. Granted, yes, anything can happen and all it takes is 1 punch, but I don't see it happening...I would love to be wrong though, lol.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    Mayweather is a good fighter, I will grant him that. I have seen many of his fights but what turns me off about him is his arrogance and his stupid backpack of one million dollars!!!! He has gotten more and more cocky lately and I am starting to actually dislike him....
    Canelo has a lot of respect, I am sure that has to do with his heritage...I like him because he lets his actions speak for him...he doesn't try to come off as a bad *kitten* even though he is a great fighter! He is not arrogant and I like that about him. I am reminded of Pacquiao, He had an innocence about him, he was passive but he was a great fighter, then he let the media and the money turn him into an arrogant idiot and what happened...he got knocked the F out!!! Same exact thing with the Golden boy and also with Chavez....I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Canelo....

all facts here!!!!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

That speed is why I think he'll win by unanimous decision. Canelo will take a few of the early rounds, but after that it'll be Mayweather sticking to that defensive style he does extremely well. Granted, yes, anything can happen and all it takes is 1 punch, but I don't see it happening...I would love to be wrong though, lol.

i agree. Canelo isnt fighting at his natural weight either. He does have the power to knock him out, but he's got to throw some combinations to do it...he's not going to catch pretty boy long enough to land those combos.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Always bet on black.
  • magicman89
    Options
    Im betting on Canelo. Not sure Mayweather has the hunger for a fight anymore, and you can only be quick until age catches up with you. This may be the fight where Father Time finally catches up to 'Money'
  • X3MM
    X3MM Posts: 92
    Options
    hope Canelo surprise the expectations, but i think mw's experience will prevail.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    think mayweather will win this one,
    regardless of what people think of his arrogance and flashyness, he is still a class act in boxing at the moment,

was having a conversation with a mate the other day about mayweather, agreed that he really needs to retire soon to keep his 0 loses record, he has made enough money, he is one of the greats and he knows it, but very few champions get out in time with the legacy of 0 loses as they have one too many fights,
    should have had a fight with manny a couple of years ago (which i think he would have won) and then quit
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I was thinking Mayweather, till i heard his sparring partner knock him down.....Canelo has heart and endurance and a hard punch but Mayweather has technic, But i still think mayweather going to win, but not by a knock out!!!

Perceived fair fights sell better, I personally wouldn't be surprised if spaying partner thing was a publicity stunt. Maywheather will win. But both of them win with that kind of money they are bringing in.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    Options

i agree. Canelo isnt fighting at his natural weight either. He does have the power to knock him out, but he's got to throw some combinations to do it...he's not going to catch pretty boy long enough to land those combos.

Canelo usually fights at 154 (well, weigh in at 154, usually goes up to 160 or more by fight night), weighing in at the catchweight of 152 really shouldn't affect his power much. Either way, I don't see him being able to keep up with Mayweather's speed.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

Perceived fair fights sell better, I personally wouldn't be surprised if spaying partner thing was a publicity stunt. Maywheather will win. But both of them win with that kind of money they are bringing in.

yea you right, we are talking about mayweather here lol
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Being from Grand Rapids, and knowing what a d-bag Mayweather is, I ALWAYS..ALWAYS cheer for the other guy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Canelo usually fights at 154 (well, weigh in at 154, usually goes up to 160 or more by fight night), weighing in at the catchweight of 152 really shouldn't affect his power much. Either way, I don't see him being able to keep up with Mayweather's speed.

interesting to know