Is my water wrong???

Options
Is it wrong that I only drink 1-2 cups of flavoured water a day plus 2-3 coffees? Im just a person that never seems to be thirsty UNLESS i get a high blood sugar from my diabetes....... Really though, am i being unhealthy by only drinking this little?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well, many people are chronically dehydrated. I prefer to assure my hydration by drinking copious amounts of fluids. But then again, I sweat a lot, so I have to.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I only drink 1-2 cups of flavoured water a day plus 2-3 coffees? Im just a person that never seems to be thirsty UNLESS i get a high blood sugar from my diabetes....... Really though, am i being unhealthy by only drinking this little?

Pray tell... how are your flavouring your water?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

Pray tell... how are your flavouring your water?

MIO. Lemonade is my fav!!!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The saying is that by the time you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. I'm not sure how true that is, but I try to drink water *before* I'm thirsty. It helps to make me feel more full, and I know it's good for my internal organs. Your body is made up mostly of water--do yourself a favor by replenishing that water! :)
  • Redbug78
    Redbug78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not one to tell you whether it is "wrong" or not but thirst is the first sign of dehydration. Typically you should be drinking water or beverages pretty regularly whether you are thirsty or not. Staying hydrated helps you to perform exercise as well. Since you are diabetic I would talk to your doctor about how much you should be drinking. Best of luck!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I should wear an IV to get my water intake up............For me, that's easier than drinking it all the time.
  • whierd
    Options
    Yeah, drinking is such hassle for me too. Constantly needing to take the cap off my water bottle or getting ice in my glass is frustrating.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Yeah, drinking is such hassle for me too. Constantly needing to take the cap off my water bottle or getting ice in my glass is frustrating.

Now if a person could just want water like they want food - HELL YA!!!!!!
  • whierd
    Options

I do. I have gladly given up meals for a soda.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    If you rarely feel thirsty, and if your urine is not nuclear yellow, you're probably just fine. Water needs vary depending on heat, humidity, body size, activity level and on and on.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    If you rarely feel thirsty, and if your urine is not nuclear yellow, you're probably just fine. Water needs vary depending on heat, humidity, body size, activity level and on and on.

Cool, thanks!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I do. I have gladly given up meals for a soda.

mmmm. soda. I think I will get one on my way home tonight.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I should wear an IV to get my water intake up............For me, that's easier than drinking it all the time.

7e3.gif
  • _liftnlove
    Options

I know everyone drinks different amounts, but 1-2 cups seems really, really, really low to me. It seems like you would be doing your kidneys, liver, heart and other organs a favor by keeping your body more hydrated. :)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    With these water habits, you will probably be dead by morning. :drinker:
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just try drinking 8 glasses of water and see how much better it makes you feel
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    8583036597_689d47cc15_o.jpg
  • rj5638
    Options
    You should be drinking 8 cups a day. This is to keep waste flushed out of you body. A good measure the miltary uses is if your urin is not clear you need to drink more water!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I would cut back and pair with a dijuretic. Quicker weight loss.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
This discussion has been closed.