Calories on rest days to maintain

Options
I'm wondering what people's opinion/thoughts are on calorie intake on rest days? I am an avid runner and run, on average, 6-7 days a week and average about 50-55 miles a week. I am wondering if you consume the same number of calories on rest days as you do on workout (running) days or if you scale back? I'm in maintain mode, hence posting on this board, so am interested to see others' thoughts/comments/opinions. Thanks!

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm not quite to maintenance yet, but I really like messing around with this calculator to figure out how to spread my calories around. http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance and I eat roughly the same number of calories daily based on my TDEE. I have days when I'm under and days when I'm over (rest days)...but it all nets out over the course of a week.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    For the most part I eat more on workout days. It helps me keep my energy up for my workouts.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I follow the MFP way of eating back exercise calories so I eat more when I exercise more.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump