How do you drink Shakeology?

Options
kimr41
kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
My son's girlfriend is doing shakeology so she gave me this huge bag of chocolate to try out. I LOVE chocolate! I can't gag this stuff down. What do you mix in yours?

Replies

• SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Don't know what Shakeology is specifically but for my protein shakes I use a little instant coffee, a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (depending on calories for the day), and a coconut-almond milk blend to mix with. When my mix is chocolate this ends up tasting like an Almond Joy. If I use strawberry it tastes kind of like Captain Crunch. Also, adding a little sugar free pudding mix in various flavors makes shakes a lot tastier in my opinion.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'd give it back to her and find something else you like the taste of. I can't stand whey protein, but Genisoy chocolate soy protein is delicious and it is MUCH cheaper.
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll add ice, some milk, banana (or blueberries) and blend it!
    Or, I'll forego the banana and add some espresso once I get to work since we have a machine.
    That way I get my caffeine fix too. :)
  • segooey
    Options
    I use a "Blender Bottle" and originally was mixing it with 16oz of milk, but it was a lot of sugar and very thick. Lately I've been mixing it with 16-20oz cold, filtered water and have been drinking 2-4 per day. It tasted a little weird at first, but after a few weeks, I prefer it with water instead of milk.
  • kimr41
    Options
    I used a blender with just water & a banana when I tried it initially. Was thinking of trying strawberries so maybe would get something like the taste of chocolate covered strawberries. I love chocolate so am very surprised I dislike this so much.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    What do you mix in yours?

Broken dreams and orphan tears. Makes it taste 10 times better.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't eat/drink things that don't taste good.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If it smells like crap and tastes like crap, it must be crap.
  • kimr41
    Options
    I'm not going to eat it either if I can't get it to taste good. My son's girlfriend uses it & others use it & like it so just thought I would give it a try. I drink a lot of smoothies so just wanted to give this a try.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    With your mouth?
  • neenie122
    Options
    I actually like it. I use almond milk. Sometimes I will mix fruit or peanut butter.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    There are lots of protein shakes out there that taste GREAT! So, don't bother with one that tastes bad. And is over priced.
    I rarely mix anything with mine. I use UMP cookies and cream, Oh-yeah vanilla creme, and chocolate peanut butter.
    I use the UMP just as it is. Tastes like a cookies and cream milkshake to me.(2 scoops) The others I have added instant coffee, nutella, peanut butter and banana, strawberries, blueberries. Whatever strikes my fancy.
  • tigerente7
    tigerente7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the taste, but the Stevia took a day or two to get used to (I'd never had it before). I mix mine in a blender, with 8 oz skim milk and ice to make it thick, like a milkshake. Sometimes I'll also add a tablespoon of peanut butter, or a cup of frozen berries (minus the ice cubes). Extracts are another way to add variety without a lot of calories - e.g.,coffee, mint, or almond. Here's a link to other recipes
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/shakeology-recipes/chocolate
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Genisoy chocolate soy protein

At 17g of carbohydrates and 14g of protein, that's more a carb shake than a protein shake...
  • pinkcandies
    Options
    I blend mine- NEVER shake it or it will not taste nice in my opinion.
    I add one banana, bunch of ice cubes, coconut milk from the carton (1 cup)- can use 1 cup of almond milk instead but won't be as thick, and occasionally peanut butter.

Or I eat it like mouse.
    3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
    2/3 banana
    ice cubes

Blend well.
    Put into container. (Optional: Can freeze for 15 minutes after).
    Slice rest of banana and add a bit of almond butter or peanut butter (usually 1/2 to 1 tablespoon) on top.
    Tastes so good! :smile:
  • kimr41
    Options
    I'm going to try a few more recipes before I throw in the towel & tell her to take it back.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I can't drink this stuff. My trainer gave me some free samples and it is just nasty to me and doesn't work for my macros. I'll just stick with regular protein shakes.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was too bad when I tried one sent to me by a friend but I burped that vitamin-y taste and felt sick for hours afterwards. I drink Ideal Shape and love the flavor and consistency. They have a recipe site on Pinterest which might give you some ideas with Shakeology.

http://pinterest.com/idealshape/smoothie-recipes-meal-replacement/
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love my Shake O drinks...for chocolate, I use 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk, some ice cubes, spinach, blueberries strawberries and pb. You can also go on the beach body website and find tons of different recipes :smile:
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Add it to your disposal, turn on the water, and flip the switch..........unfortunately, when you realize how much Beachbody charges for that stuff, you'll get a bad taste in your mouth.