Protein Shakes need advise

Options
Hi

Does anyone use protein shakes?
Do they work?
How do they work?
All advise greatly appreciated :)

I have been super good cut out all the sweets crisps fizzy drinks for the past week and I've lost 3 lbs, I think it's a great start just with cutting out the junk but I'm hopin to start the gym and I have friends saying to try protein shakes.

Thanks For the read

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking for advice. Protein shakes are a great way to get in some extra protein if you're having a hard time otherwise. Eat more protein than MFP recommends!!!!!! Protein helps you maintain lean muscle as you lose weight and it also keeps you fuller longer. PM me if you want some great protein shake recipes that taste like milkshakes.
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking for advice. Protein shakes are a great way to get in some extra protein if you're having a hard time otherwise. Eat more protein than MFP recommends!!!!!! Protein helps you maintain lean muscle as you lose weight and it also keeps you fuller longer. PM me if you want some great protein shake recipes that taste like milkshakes.

Hi

Thanks for replying, I have been trying to eat more protein I have made sure I eat lean meat if u was to look at my food diary to see if I'm going wrong please do, I appreciate all help,
    What is the best?
    Do you think the shakes would help me I would love to lose weight coupke stone but keep my muscle

I just don't understand all this :(
  • triniechu
    Options
    I recommend Isopure Zero Carb Protein! Their proteins are very tasty and they have tons of different flavors! I'm on a low carb diet
    so, this is a very good brand for me! :)
  • dforsynth
    Options
    I found a really good protein mix that my body uses quite well. It's pea protein. I swear by the stuff. I drink a shake about 5 times a week (I know, but it's hard for me to eat enough protein.) I've never taken well to whey or soy. In fact, it's always made me feel nauseous and never had much of an effect. Once I started with the pea protein, I started gaining muscle. It's alkaline based, so it doesn't hurt the stomach. I usually have a shake with vanilla pea protein, a banana, almond milk, cocoa powder and agave nectar. It tastes really good and is very healthy.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's premature. You need protein to quickly make protein available to your muscles to retain and build more before/ after a weights workout. If you're not hitting the weights you don't need a protein shake.

Sure protein shakes are an easy source of protein and protein is good for everyone, but you may aswell eat eggs or chicken. They may actually be better for you.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Protein comes in many forms, so you need to find which one is right for you for your goals. Whey, Soy, Casein, Egg ect... they all are great but have different release times i guess is a lamens term for it. Its no mystery which protein supplement im for, Hint hint its MusclePharm Combat Powder. It has multiple proteins mixed in for an 8 stage release system. I take 3 shakes a day and i feel great, some say eat real food vs shakes and i do but when on the go or sometimes i would rather have a shake than bland chicken.
  • toddswifey
    Options
    Visalus Shakes are awesome. My husband and I both use it. And have many friends that use it as well...They taste awesome and have literally thousands of different recipes..Or you can just use the sweet cream flavored shake mix with mix-ins and fat free milk..My favorite is the Banana mix in....Please let me know if you would like more information :-)
    My hubby drinks 2 a day...I drink one for Breakfast..But I do alternate and drink 2 a day :-) Hope this helps you.
  • artkidforlife
    artkidforlife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes, but only after I work out. The best way to change your body is to lift weights and gain muscle, which will make you much smaller. You can also change your personal macros on MFP to say you want to eat 30% protein or whatever you feel like, and then it will help you see if you are eating enough for what your body needs.