Pizza help!

Options
13»

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This blog is on Chicago Thin Crust Pizza. There is a link to the recipe page which has recipes for all of the component parts to make an authentic Chicago Thin Crust. There are also complete step by step instructions to get the thin crisp crust. A 12" cheese pizza is only 242 calories. Adding my favorite toppings - turkey pepperoni, onion, red pepper, and pepperoncinis - it still comes in at 288 calories. Enjoy!

Go to........http://www.mymotherssecrets.com/1/post/2013/06/perfect-pizza-chicago-thin-crust.html

Pictures:

Pizzainoven_zps3f7357f0.jpg

Pizzacloseup_zps2a26dbe9.jpg

20130616_184728_zps5697c8d9.jpg

20130616_184735_zpsa410f86c.jpg
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes that I'm getting hungry! Bump for later.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza dough. It has an overnight rest in the fridge, or somewhere cool and it freezes really well so if you don't need enough dough for 4-5 pizzas you can weigh it out and freeze the portions or roll them all and freeze on pizza pans till hard and then wrap for premade shells.

6 c. all purpose flour (you can use whole wheat. Sometimes I mix the flours half and half)
    1 tsp. instant yeast
    1-2 c. warm water
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp olive oil

Just mix the dry ingredients to combine and with a dough hook or danish whisk add in the warm water and olive oil. (depending on humidity you might need a little more or less liquid. The dough should be soft, but not sticky to the touch. If it's too dry add a Tablespoon of water at a time. If it's too wet add a sprinkling of flour. )

In a stand mixer I tend to let it mix on low for 5-10 minutes. With the danish whisk or wooden spoon, I go till my arm aches then switch to kneading on the counter top.

Lightly oil or spray a large bowl and turn the dough to coat. Set it aside in the fridge or somewhere cool to rise overnight. The next day punch it down, divide it into 4-5 balls, and use as needed. It can be stored in the fridge for a couple days or frozen.

It's a pretty flexible recipe. Sometimes I switch whole wheat flour for white or do half and half. It's also tasty with 1 T. oregano, 1 T. garlic powder, 1/2 T. ground black pepper, and 2-3 T. italian seasoning mixed into the dry ingredients.

You could also divide it into more pieces and make mini single serving pizzas.

The original recipe without add ins comes out to be:

Calories per serving- 77
    Carbs - 17
    Fat- 0
    Protein - 2
    Sodium - 71
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    I'm allergic to dairy so my pizzas are kind of lower fat by default. What I generally do is cook a small (1/4 of a dinner plate) pizza base with a little bit of passata and layered roasted veges on it. I add some pre-cooked chicken thigh meat. I add a side salad to bulk it out and give me enough vegetables.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm lazier than most of you. I use Whole Foods' 365 whole-wheat pizza crust, which is 170 per 1/4 crust. I usually eat half or a little less than half. Use at least a cup of mozzarella over spinach and bell pepper and turkey pepperoni!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm lazier than most of you. I use Whole Foods' 365 whole-wheat pizza crust, which is 170 per 1/4 crust. I usually eat half or a little less than half. Use at least a cup of mozzarella over spinach and bell pepper and turkey pepperoni!

We don't have a Whole Foods and I haven't found a premade crust I like yet, but if you have the chance try using pesto, chicken, sauteed mushrooms, and spinach with the mozzarella. nomnomnom
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    May I eat pizza if I am wait watcher?

Absolutely. Just count your points. If it fits your day, eat up! :)
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Zucchini crust pizza recipe. Do a search in the forums and you'll find it. We have it about once week. Half of a pizza (how we make it) is only 375 calories and very filling.
  • skinnywraps
    skinnywraps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this for my pizzas as well :-) I use this and 14 grams of mozz cheese per pizza and it is only 120 calories per pizza with my veggies.