Like a DQ Blizzard...but doesn't waste allll those cals!

Options
OK...I love a blizzard, but when even the mini chocolate extreme has 400 cals??? no thanks.

So who knew that they make POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER??? And they make CHOCOLATE POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER!!!
Why powdered??? they press out alll the oils and most of the fat (compare: traditional pb 2TBS - 190 cals; 16 g fat to the POWDERED: 2TBS 5 cals; 1 g fat).

Where am I going with that? lemme show you :)
Peanut Butter Cocoa Banana Smoothie

Ingredients

1 banana - frozen (slice BEFORE you freeze ;)
vanilla almond milk (as desired)
2 tablespoons flax meal
2 TBS Powdered choco peanut butter

Pour milk over banana, into the glass, to the level preferred glass. Pour milk, and banana into blender. (or use an immersion blender straight in the same glass!)

Measure in flax meal and powdered pb. Blend for approximately. 20 seconds (you know what consistency to look for :)

This is a great source of potassium, protein, calcium, and B-12(if using fortified milk), and Omega-3s from the flax meal.

This is a great smoothie for breakfast or as a snack.

I borrowed the skeleton of the recipe from another web page (they used real pb, cocoa powder & soymilk)

So take a look at the breakdown:

almond milk - 90 cals per 1 cup
pb powder - 45 cals
banana - 90 (varies on size)
Flax meal - 70

A total of 250 cals, BUT with the added benefits of Omega fatty acids, vits and protien, PLUS it's milkshake-wonderful-lishousness!!!

Just thought I'd share :)

~ Sara

Replies

• shintowa
    Options
    That's a great idea! I need to go on a local lookout for the powdered pb now.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will also have to see if I can find the powdered pb. Where would you start to look?
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Sounds good! I will also have to see if I can find the powdered pb. Where would you start to look?

If you are in the states I found it at my Drug Emporium ( or health Food stores) or, I found their website online
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

There are quite a few other manufacturers too...good luck!!!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    I have one of these in different variations everyday during the week. I make them before I go to bed, and freeze them and take it out when I get up to work out. A lot of times I use light choc soy mild. Sooo yummy!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump. would love to know where exactly to find it...do you mean like GNC or what...really LOOOVVEEE peanut butter but hate all the fat in such a small amount so, powder for a smoothie would be AWESOME!!!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    bump. would love to know where exactly to find it...do you mean like GNC or what...really LOOOVVEEE peanut butter but hate all the fat in such a small amount so, powder for a smoothie would be AWESOME!!!

I got mine at drug emporium, but here it is online...www.bellplantation.com
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hyvee and Price Chopper have it in Kansas City. I'll be getting it this weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    powdered peanut butter is awesome :heart:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    bump