Water!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• joewalkerfan
    joewalkerfan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Start drinking roibos tea. It doesn't contain any caffeine so it's more hydrating than regular tea. It also has a lot of health benefits and it's delecious!

And to lose the soda addiction, you could try cutting down on the consumption little by little, or go cold turkey if that works better for you. What I did, was to replace soda with carbonated flavoured water.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Filtered water! Once your water doesn't taste all chlorine-ey it's much more palatable, you can pick up water filter systems that go under the kitchen sink on amazon really cheap. Also drink fruit and herbal teas, I wouldn't add all these water flavourings because of all the atrificial stuff in them but I make my own cordial to flavour my water which is super easy (boil fruit in water then add sugar/honey/ maple syrup until it forms a syrup, strain and bottle it!) and that way I'm also getting some vitamins from the fruit I used.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any helpful advice on getting hooked more on water????? Also, how can I lose the soda addiction!!! I drink on average about one or two a day!!!!!!! Oh dear!!!!!

Why bother?

We have a thirst mechanism that's been around for about 5 million years and medical research has repeatedly demonstrated that the thirst mechanism (unless it's been compromised as tends to happen to the elderly) is the best available guide to consuming water.

When you're thirsty, drink. If you're not feeling thirst and you drink water all you're doing is spending time urinating. Again, why bother?
  • Class_Act
    Class_Act Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found using a 32 oz water bottle helped a lot! I purchased one from Walmart and started with the goal of just drinking 64oz for the day so it was easy to walk around with that bottle knowing i only had to drink 2 for the day. Then after a while I found myself drinking 3 before my work day ended and now I'm drinking 4! I turn to water now before pop and don't find myself craving it so often.
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Think of drinking it as a duty.

Personally I can't allow myself to sleep until I've had my 2L
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I found using a 32 oz water bottle helped a lot! I purchased one from Walmart and started with the goal of just drinking 64oz for the day so it was easy to walk around with that bottle knowing i only had to drink 2 for the day. Then after a while I found myself drinking 3 before my work day ended and now I'm drinking 4! I turn to water now before pop and don't find myself craving it so often.

this is what I did as well and its funny because just buying a simple water bottle made it easier to want to drink it. I don't like water at all. I probably never will but I don't flavor it or anything I just drink it because I know I need to