Has anyone done the Disney Run?

I'm doing the Dinsey 5K in November with some friends ( for fun) , I'm just wondering if anyone has done one and how was it?

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Di$ney is crazy overpriced, but they sell out all their events.

I know here is So Cal they do an "untimed" 5K fun run for $60+ which I find totally insane.

But if you love the mou$e I'm sure you'll have good time!
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    There are many different Disney races. Are you referring to the Wine and Dine weekend at Disney World in early November? I'm doing the half marathon. Will be my first Disney event and doing so for the experience, as I'll be down there with family for the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Fantastic fun - did one in January with the kids. Loved it! But just as arc918 said - crazy overpriced - but worth it at least once. They do have the best medals though, hands down!
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    My sister did it last year and she liked it so much, she is doing it again this year. Same comments as above, says it is overpriced but soooooo much fun. She ran the half-marathon.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Did the Disney Marathon. It was a lot more parking lot and a lot less park than I expected. I ended up having to walk it because of an injury, and it was a snooze.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    My sister and her husband did the Disney marathon this year and 4 years ago and loved it. But yes, mega bucks.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    I've run the Disney World (Orlando) half marathon once and ran my first full marathon there, also. Definitely agree with the others that the prices are crazy, but I can also attest (based on my two experiences, at least) that they have extremely well organized events and you really can't beat it for entertainment/distraction along the course. One of my favourite race photos from my marathon is me emerging from Cinderella's castle with someone dressed up as Tinkerbell behind me! So, pricey, but fun if you're willing to embrace the cheesiness that is Disney (which I totally am).

Happy running! :flowerforyou:
  • HeartRN77
    HeartRN77 Posts: 39 Member
    There are many different Disney races. Are you referring to the Wine and Dine weekend at Disney World in early November? I'm doing the half marathon. Will be my first Disney event and doing so for the experience, as I'll be down there with family for the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

Yes November 9th, I would have rather done the 1/2 but the people I'm going with would never be able to do that, I'm leaving my family home for this one!! I feel bad but they have been there so many time and this mommy wants a adult trip after the run we will definitely wine and dine!!
  • HeartRN77
    I've run the Disney World (Orlando) half marathon once and ran my first full marathon there, also. Definitely agree with the others that the prices are crazy, but I can also attest (based on my two experiences, at least) that they have extremely well organized events and you really can't beat it for entertainment/distraction along the course. One of my favourite race photos from my marathon is me emerging from Cinderella's castle with someone dressed up as Tinkerbell behind me! So, pricey, but fun if you're willing to embrace the cheesiness that is Disney (which I totally am).

Happy running! :flowerforyou:

I don't mind the price I also have a DVC membership so I don't have to pay for my room, the picture you described sounds awesome I plan on taking a lot of pictures I'm glad you stated that they are organized that was the only thing that scared me I hate being at any function that is poorly run.
  • HeartRN77
    My sister did it last year and she liked it so much, she is doing it again this year. Same comments as above, says it is overpriced but soooooo much fun. She ran the half-marathon.

I agree that it's expensive but once in a while I don't mind it's for the experience and when my husband gives me the green light to spend money I go for it LOL!! :laugh:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Disney puts on a great run! Super well organized, great pre-race entertainment, fun course, and I loved the food box they give you at the end. Best race I've been to!
  • HeartRN77
    I can't wait it's nice to have something to look forward to. Your the second person that said it was very organized that is a huge plus.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    I've done the Disney Tinker Bell 1/2 twice and did the 5K last year. I'm doing the Wine & Dine this year to get the Coast to Coast Medal. That will be my last Disney Race solely due to cost.

While I can only attest to the Tinerk Bell and run through DL, it was amazing and we ran through both parks which were still lit/decorated for Christmas. We saw characters, floats, and of course lots of people in costume so carry a camera to savor every moment of it :)

For Tink we ran about 1/2 within the confines of the parks and the rest was through the streets of Anaheim. I am anticipating some of the same in November.

If I could afford it I'd do as many Disney races as I could. I would rather pay the money for them than say a Rock and Roll 1/2... But I'm a Disney fan so maybe that helps.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    I'm training currently for the Wine & Dine half and Dopey Challenge. I agree the prices are crazy but I love Disney. I've run: Goofy Challenge 2011-2012-2013, Disneyland Half 2012, Wine & Dine 2011, Tower of Terror 2012, and did a 5K in 2011 with my family. I'm marking off the Dopey but as of right now hubby and I plan to give up WDW marathon weekend after this coming January. We'll go back (DVC members too) and enjoy the parks without the cost of the races. I hope some day to get the other pieces of bling from their races to add to my collection but it's not a must do. Looking forward to checking out other races just hope they're as organized as WDW has been for us.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Training for the Princess 1/2 in February! So so so excited to run at my happy place!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    sounds fun