55 Lbs Down - With pics

Options
I successfully reached my target weight (revised three times :smile: ) and have kept the weight off over the past couple of months on maintenance. So, I figured it was time to tell my story and post some pictures.

Two years ago I weighed 270 Lbs +/- and had a cholesterol score of 236 which is borderline high-risk. My daughter was getting married, my son-in-law went into the Air Force, and my son had joined the army as a junior in high school on the delayed entry program. I was determined to look good (well, as good as I can :wink: ) for the wedding so I started watching what I ate and logging using another site. I was reasonably successful and lost 35+ lbs in five months. I managed to keep most of the weight off through the end of the year but ended up gaining back 10 to settle out to 245. Earlier this year, the other site changed and I could no longer use it to log my intake so I went "shopping" for a new program and found MFP on my iPhone.

WOW! What a great APP! Soon after, I started logging in on my computer and found out MFP was MUCH MORE than just a food logging phone app. I met some great people and found the support to be just what I needed to get back on the horse as they say and give it another go. between March and the end of July I lost an additional 30+ lbs. It has made such a difference and everyone I know has commented on it. Some of my friends have now joined and are having great success as well.

I hope to continue to inluence those around me to get healthy.

So anyway, I thought I'd post a couple of before and afters. Also, some of my friends have asked to see pictures of my excercise routine. Sounds strange, right? Not so much when you see them. My excercise routine consisted of moving dirt, rocks, boulders, sand, paver stones, and lumber , digging holes, general construction, etc.

Here we go: Building a paver stone patio using pick axe, shovel, wheel barrow, etc. All manual labor. Here's the before:

232323232%7Ffp633%3B4%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575472%3A6336nu0mrj

And here is the after:

232323232%7Ffp538%3B2%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575345%3B9336nu0mrj

Building a 30 X 12 foot attached pergola. Before:

232323232%7Ffp538%3A%3A%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575472%3A3336nu0mrj

After:

232323232%7Ffp633%3A%3B%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575345%3B%3A336nu0mrj

Here a couple of Before/Afters of me:

232323232%7Ffp538%3B4%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D3557546353336nu0mrj

Notice that these are the same orange swim trunks:

232323232%7Ffp538%3A9%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575436%3B8336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A9%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D35575436%3B7336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6339%3B%3Enu%3D32%3B%3A%3E443%3E873%3EWSNRCG%3D3557546352336nu0mrj

So there you have it. It really is that simple. Eat healthy, in appropriate amounts, logging EVERYTHING so you don't kid yourself, and get up off of your *kitten* and do SOMETHING. ANYTHING!

Have a great weekend everyone and keep at it.

:drinker:

p.s. - I forgot this tidbit. I lowered my cholesterol to 198! Just by diet and excercise, no medication.

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! You have done excellent! Both with the weight and the "exercise" routine. You did good work. I was also at a different site and they changed it (not for the better) so went searching also. Found MFP and am so happy I did. Been here just three weeks and just loving it. The support is awesome and I love the fact they don't want you to eat certain foods. Everything in moderation.

Again, congrats and keep up the good work.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Congratulations BK! And thank you for finally showing me what a Pergola is :wink:

o O We were friends before I had to change my name to keep the perverts away O o
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    You look great! Bet you feel it too! Your deck isn't so bad either!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    Great Job! You look great (and the deck is awesome)! Very inspirational!
  • susie727
    susie727 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey there! I love MFP. My friend got me started but she has now dropped off. I keep encouraging her to get back with it but she is a teacher and works very long hours and says it it too much for her. Congrats on your progress. I am coming along slowly. I can now start to exercisse again and it begins today. (I had a minor back enjury playing Extreme PutPut with my children and grand children). No no one was even near me but I managed to fall face first on a brick border and looked like I had been in a bar fight two days later in my grandson'e wedding pictures. I did a number on my back and wrist not to mention my face. All seems to be healedl now so back to the Wii until the weather cools a bit. Soon I will be able to take my little dog for a walk. Our weather is going to dip into the double digets. My blood sugar is getting better and I am encourage by people like you. I want to loose 150 lbs by next Christmas. I love your deck. Good job! We need to encourage one another.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look great!!! And it's too bad you don't live in PA.......we're in the process of building a deck! :laugh:
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Also, I forgot to add that i lowered my cholesterol from 236 down to the healthy level of 198. All without medication. (I added that to the first post)
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    Congratulations BK! And thank you for finally showing me what a Pergola is :wink:

o O We were friends before I had to change my name to keep the perverts away O o

Hi there BB :wink:

Good to hear from you!
  • barbwirelaceandroses
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing weight loss. You look so much younger! Keep up the great work.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Incredible! Congrats! I wish my dad would get healthy for my wedding!:laugh:
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    Incredible! Congrats! I wish my dad would get healthy for my wedding!:laugh:

That really was a big motivator. She wanted me to look like James Bond in my tux. Almost made it, too. If she got married in 2010 I would have LOL
  • inguvap
    inguvap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Thanks for sharing...and thanks for the pics of you and the deck too! Good job! and you're right....we all need to get off the couch and get moving!:flowerforyou:
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. . . . . . . My new goal now is to stay in reasonable shape through the end of the year, stay at my current weight +/- a couple of pounds, and then hit the weights/fitness training hard at the start of the new year. I plan on being in the best shape of my life by next summer for my 30 year high school class reunion.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Dude...you are HOT!!! I mean that with all due respect!

Great job!
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    Great inspiration, I loved your before and after pics.
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    @MommaToSam - Thanks! :blushing:

@Lulu2929 - And thank you as well. :smile:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    awwww, you're so cute when you blush!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Looking great! Love all the pics!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Wow, lookin' good. Love the first pic too - I want that in my garden!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!