NSV My Visit to the Doctor

Options
drenergy
drenergy Posts: 112 Member
I had a crazy experience that involved a bike accident (I'm fine now, just bruised!), and I went to my doctor to make sure I didn't have a more serious head injury. I haven't seen her since February, and that was when I had JUST hit 149 on my scale for the first time in years. Of course, after breakfast and a ton of coffee, I weighed in at the office at 154. My biggest was over 160, but I had started losing for New Years.

Anyway, here it is September and I'm 132 lbs on the doctor's scale. I didn't even think about them seeing the change because I so rarely go to the doctor that I've seen her once in like 3 years. She showed me my weight from last time and said "OH MY GOSH! Look at that!" I said I know, I've been running a lot and paying a lot more attention to eating less junk food. She said that was great.

Then she said, "You're not still trying to lose weight, are you?"

I said yeah, I was just going for the last couple pounds to be in the 120s because I'm barely over 5'5" and that's still a good BMI, and kinda mental because I haven't seen that in so many years. She said, "You don't need to lose any more weight." In a nice way, but she said she wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to get too low. I really respect her opinion, so now I need to transition to maintenance! WOO!

I'll have to get a photobucket to post some pics! It worked! Okay, so from top left:

Not running - over 160 lbs (didn't own a scale)
Just starting C25K and ran my first 5k
Eating salad at a party, half marathon training
One of many half marathons, still over 150
Bottom is when I started logging weekends and stopped eating wings and fries all the time. haha

06efa3e1-5e26-4157-8554-7c07f00465cc.jpg

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look great! Happy for you!!! And I'm glad your doctor noticed and was impressed with your effort! It's paid off!! YAY!!! :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome. I can't wait to lose my weight then go to the drs. yep that's going to be one of my first things I do.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    is really good too she gave you a healthy suggestion...nice work!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That is great!

I am actually looking forward to my doctor's appointment this year. She is going to be so happy, and I should be at 50+ pounds lost by then. :smile:
  • meandmylads
    meandmylads Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and so happy! I'll be curious to see my doctor's reaction too, it's been years since she's seen me at this weight :)
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!! You look fantastic!!! You should be very proud!
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

I realized after I posted that this is kind of a scale victory. haha But really I just meant that it wasn't like I saw a number on the scale and went "Yipee!" it was like I was just having a day and someone noticed the change. :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You look great! I agree with the nurse that you likely don't need to lose any more (I'm 5'4" and aiming for more than you are currently at LOL). If you're in your 20's, lower could be OK.
  • Lannister80
    Options
    That's awesome! You look fantastic. My doctor high fived me over the weight loss last time, and it felt so good. I'm also 5'4 and can't remember the last time I weighed in the 120s! More power to you.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's some impressive progress - you look fabulous girl!! Congrats on a job well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!