Craving CHOCOLATE!!!!

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    IIFYM
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Like almost everyone else has said, when I crave chocolate, I eat chocolate. I just make sure to work it into my calories. My go-to chocolates this week have been 80 calorie fun-size snickers or 30 calorie fun size whoppers.True, it's a small amount but I don't need the calories or the grams of sugar of anything bigger. It works for me... I hope you find what works for you!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    I agree - when you have a craving its best to go with it. I find if I eat something in its place, I could end up eating both. So I keep the Dove Dark Chocolate squares on hand. I eat one with a dab of peanut butter on top. Usually does it for me. I think the issue is portion control. Have a small piece and walk away.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Eat some chocolate. But don't graze on it. Include it in your plan.

Edit: Me no type good.
  • zahra1975
    zahra1975 Posts: 19 Member
    i believe it would be ok to spend 20% of daily cals on chocolate. Maybe this way you could gradually wean yourself off. But try opting for fruits instead, and engage yourself with some hobby or walk out the door, then maybe you won't remember what you craved earlier....just a suggestion
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    I keep Ghiardelli Dark Chocolate (usually 72% or 80%) in the cupboard and when I have a chocolate craving I eat 2 squares--about 130 cal.

I always leave some extra room in my daily calories for it in case I want it, but if I don't crave it I don't indulge.
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Oh I am there with you! I LOOOOOVE my chocolate! But I am picky too - if I am going to have some chocolate, it needs to be good and not whatever is handy. I agree with the other posters about darker chocolate being more satisfying. My personal go-to are the Lindt Excellence bars. They are big, but two squares (snap off one row) is about 100 cals. They come in all kinds of flavors and cacao content, from 50-99%, or with orange, mint, almond, coconut, hot chilis, and my personal favorite is the sea salt - absolutely awesome, and my chocolate craving is totally satisfied. I have two squares every night after supper, and I plan for it. Good luck! :drinker:
  • rtarpley
    rtarpley Posts: 24 Member
    Swiss Miss cocoa powder No Sugar Added. 75 calories in 1/4 cup (25 cals in 2 tbs). I drink it straight for a choco-hit and/or mix it into my oatmeal.
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    I feel your pain - I am a huge chocoholic and I'm always craving chocolate!

I haven't read through all of the other posts, so sorry if I repeat suggestions!

I've managed to get my head back in the game after about a month of sitting binging on chocolate most nights. I found that the more chocolate I ate, the more I wanted! It was like I just resigned myself to the chocolate and gave in.

I would try going a week or two without chocolate (as hard as it may be) and hopefully your mind will start to lose the desire to want chocolate. Then you can start incorporating it back into your diet, as long as it fits comfortably within your calorie allowance. I usually buy Green and Blacks 70% dark chocolate and have 10 or 20 grams as a little snack when the chocolate cravings read their ugly head! It took time for me to acquire a taste for dark chocolate, but I just kept eating little pieces here and there and eventually I began to love it!

You could also look for a low-cal hot chocolate? Or make homemade chocolate 'mousse' - mush up a banana, add some cocoa powder and something sweet to taste like honey, or maple syrup (only a small amount!). Or buy snack-sized chocolate bars and limit yourself to one bar. If you want to indulge in a particularly large amount of chocolate every so often, then you can always go for a workout beforehand so you don't feel bad about it :) You could also melt a little bit of chocolate (I find that melted chocolate goes a long way!) and drizzle it over ice cream (there are loads of low calorie yummy ice creams out there! :P ) or dip sugar free/fat free marshmallows into the melted chocolate :)

Good luck! :)
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    6 oz plain, non-fat greek yogurt + 1 tablespoon Nutella = 200 calories of pure, delicious, chocolate heaven.
  • almonds help take away my chocolate cravings.:smile: i battle with them too!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Ghiradelli squares, the individually wrapped kind. It makes it easier to only have one, & they're usually only around 60 calories each :smile:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    pb2 chocolate mixed in yogurt or spread on anything
    Choc pudding
    Skinny cow fudge bars
    http://anytimehealth.com/blog/395292-recipe-3-ingredient-banana-chocolate-soft-serve-ice-cream

fiber 90 brownie with hersheys sfree syrup
    http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/100-calorie-2-minute-chocolate-mug-cake/
    Not that I ever have cravings;-)
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Dole Chocolate Covered Banana Slices - in the freezer section. They are so tasty and one package is 100 calories.

Did I mention they are tasty?
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Eat the chocolate!

I buy fairtrade 70-75% dark chocolate and eat 1 square after dinner (55 cal) for a great chocolate fix
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Oh, & Dole banana dippers. 100 calories for a pack :)
  • Thanks again for sharing your ideas everyone!!!!!! I am going to try some of your ideas :) Planning it and allowing myself to have a bit everyday is a great idea. I am going to switch to dark chocolate....really love milk chocolate but know dark is better. I am now taking vitamins every day as well.....just in case the craving is coming from something lacking in my diet. :happy:
  • 54321mimi
    54321mimi Posts: 8 Member
    I love chocolate and ate far too much! I decided to give up all sugar (apart from fruit) I have been doing it for 2 weeks now and I really dont feel the urge to eat it any more. All or nothing is the only thing that works for me
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Dark chocolate may taste a little bitter at first but you'll get used to it in time (to me it was the same as getting used to greek yogurt after eating regular for years). I've become a chocolate snob and it's really helped me with my cravings. Milk chocolate is EVERYWHERE so it's easy to get your hands on. But if you can get to the point where you won't settle for it (not worth the calories), it can be a huge savior because real, good, dark chocolate is harder to get your hands on.

I'm so glad you're going to find a way to make your chocolate habit work! In order to make these new habits work in the long run, you have to change your thinking to what you CAN have vs the usual diet thinking of what you can't (or aren't supposed to) have. There is no good or bad food, you just have to find a way to make the foods you enjoy work within your calorie budget in a way thave leaves you satified and full of energy. This can take some trial and error so don't beat yourself up in the meantime! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    If I have a craving, I just have 100-150 calories of it. It hasn't been a problem really... just have to know how to stop (which isn't always easy, I'll give you that). To be fair, I haven't dared buying huge chocolate bars, I'm just sticking to the 100 calorie ones from Trader Joes.