Does anyone know

Options
I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco today. I had 4.5 oz and when I entered it in, it said that it had 690 sodium!!!!!! :mad:

I didn't eat any ot the skin. Is this true? I thought I was doing good, but shoot. How do I keep the sodium down? Sodium is definately my demon.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Yep yep... That sounds about right, hon. I'm really sorry. I know how tough the sodium thing can be. What worked for me was tracking my intake with my Food Diary. I'd spot the highest sodium offenders and work to eliminate them and replace them with something else. I also gradually lowered my goal from 2,500mg a day to 1,800mg a day, which is closer to where I should be with my consumption. (I don't know that I'll ever get the goal down to 1,500mg. That's really hard to do every single day.) Finally, anything fast, processed, convenience packaged, to go, etc. has an extremely high chance of being loaded with salt. If you haven't already, start cooking. From scratch. Buy a crock pot and a lot of containers and start making your own food. Store your extras in the freezer. Read the labels on EVERYTHING you buy.

It's not easy, but it is doable. :smile:
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've been going through the same issue. I have been tracking my calories and doing a good job of keeping to my 1330 calorie goal set by MFP but I keep noticing that I'm in the red on sodium (and sometimes protein). I don't worry too much on the protein because I'd rather be high there and have less carbs but the sodium is a concern. I'll have to review my frequently eaten meals and figure out the culprits! :ohwell:
  • bobbijomacknight
    Options
    Sodium is the worst for me also....but if you didn't eat the skin your sodium shouldn't be that high. Drink tons of water and flush it out!