'Healthiest' Alcoholic Drink?

Options
I know, I know, alcohol isn't good for you. But I was wondering if you wanted to treat yourself to a drink on a weekend, which one would be the best?

A friend of mine swears by Vodka-Lime-Soda.

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Healthiest? I would assume a Bloody Mary is pretty healthy since tomatoes are pretty good for you. Low calorie? I like Vodka and Diet Cherry 7 up or some other similar sodas.
  • snaptom
    snaptom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, healthiest was probably the wrong term. Least calorific! I'll have to try the Cherry 7UP - it sounds quite nice.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOU
    ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOU
    ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOU
    ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOU>
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary
  • AshleyPaleo
    Options
    Wine, duh! Trader Joes has some sulfate free wine pretty cheap and its good! A bottle of Moscato has a little over 600 cals. A bottle is all you really need. =)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wine... duh!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wine, duh! Trader Joes has some sulfate free wine pretty cheap and its good! A bottle of Moscato has a little over 600 cals. A bottle is all you really need. =)

Great minds! Hahaha!
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I read in Self mag---that Natty light (natural light) has 70 calories less than higher priced beers.
  • loserplease
    loserplease Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing articles about drinking alcohol with diet drinks gets you wasted faster -- hasn't stopped me from drinking them though. Ilike barcadi with any type of crystal light drink mixed in.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I recently had this vodka, soda, and passionfruit syrup thing that was delicious, and I can't imagine it was very high in calories, compared to other options.

Now, if *I* wanted to treat myself to a drink on the weekend, it would be a pint of Guinness, some Thatcher's Gold, or Captain and Coke.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Guinness = meal
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    1. WINE
    2.WINE
    3.WINE
    4. OH AND WINE

:drinker:
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Haha, a friend of mine swears by vodka lime soda too! I've never tried it, but I do always stick to vodka when I'm wanting a drink. Usually just with diet coke :) Thankfully, I don't particularly enjoy sugary drinks so I find it quite easy to incorporate my boring old vodka into my diet!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing articles about drinking alcohol with diet drinks gets you wasted faster -- hasn't stopped me from drinking them though. Ilike barcadi with any type of crystal light drink mixed in.

i like barcardi, i special occasions.... never thought of it with crystal light, good idea :drinker:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wine... duh!

I also vote for wine
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Guinness = meal

Wait, is this that misconception that Guinness has more calories than a roast dinner or something? Because: "Despite its dark color and full flavor, Guinness clocks in at far less calories than most average beers. In fact, at 125 calories for a 12-ounce glass, it has about 25 fewer calories than most ales or lagers. Budweiser by comparison has about 145 calories. Depending on who you ask, it's also far more satisfying than many of the ultra low-calorie beers that have flooded the market in recent years."

The good news doesn't stop there. Guinness also contains small quantities of iron, calcium, phosphates, some vitamins (including vitamin B) and fiber, according to Guinness Master Brewer, Fergal Murray.

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/03/17/guinness-a-dieters-beer-choice/
  • andrewj87
    Options
    Vodka, Tonic Water and a lime wedge. Good stuff!
    Or maybe one of these: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Low-Calorie-Vodka-Drinks
  • Mayzee42
    Mayzee42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes a powder drink, you add to water. They come in Appletini, Mojito and Margarita. I just add water to vodka and add the powder for the flavor. One packet makes a pitcher, but I just add until the taste is right, or you could just make a whole pitcher. It's sugar and calorie free and very yummy!!! Well, the Appletini is the only one I've tried so far, but very goo.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    This is the best website in the history of the internet. :love: