'Healthiest' Alcoholic Drink?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer snob. I'm not going to be drinking any of that watered down light p!ss so I pretty much have to plan on forgetting calories on nights I drink, which is not very often anymore.

I will have 2 beers at bowling tonight, possibly three since they have Sam Adams Oktoberfest on tap!
  • feathers20
    feathers20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

check out this website for calories in drinks!
  • krystalraven
    Options
    I'm a bit of a sucker for cocktails! Not sure how healthy they are though! Haha! I think vodka has significantly lower calories than wine or beer or cider, but I could be wrong!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wine is good for you. Though other types of alcohol also have health benefits.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Gin and Tonic - Avoid malaria! :bigsmile:

From a less-calorific viewpoint, any mixed drink using just club soda or a diet mixer. And wine isn't too bad at about 120 calories or so a glass.
  • Absntmind
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Cranberry Juice. Also would take a look at the site others have posted (getdrunknotfat).
  • jennycita
    jennycita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is the best website in the history of the internet. :love:

I agree!!! :drinker:
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Budweiser Select = 55 calories

This is what I drink!!
  • Raevyns
    Raevyns Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love my wines and they're decently low in calories.

If I want a mixed drink (and not just shots of Russian Standard) I mix vodka, a splash of lime juice and seltzer.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose vodka and seltzer with a lime/lemon wedge. A literal splash of OJ or lemonade or cranberry is good also.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I vote half Guinness half tomato juice ("red beer") for healthiest! Chock full of vitamins & antioxidants, it's a great post-workout shake! :drinker:

Vodka or rum + diet soda + optional sugar free flavor syrup for least calorie with most "kick".
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    Vodka water with a splash of Cherry mio. I carry around the mio in my purse, just in case I ever unexpectedly end up at a bar :0
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do vodka and fresca when I really feel like a drink. Or I have recently seen advertisments for wine at only 80 calorie per glass.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I drink Barcardi and water with a lemon wedge. Carbonated drinks and beer give me hangovers, with this I feel great in the morning
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Crabbies do a diet version of their alky ginger beer that has about 3cals per bottle.

Failing that, I go with G & slimline T

How very English.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I read in Self mag---that Natty light (natural light) has 70 calories less than higher priced beers.

OMG WHY. I cannot believe someone just recommended NATTY LIGHT. I'm fairly certain it's based on what the magazine is talking about and not personal experience, because if so you would recommend actual bottled piss over natty light. hurkkkk.

OP - I like whiskey and lemon juice for a whiskey sour as anyone who reads my diary knows. also sweet n sour mix if you go easy isn't too horrible, I've been saving calories for that on my drinking days lately because I like it. I like tequila and lime juice mixed together too. as for beer, I like guinness on tap for low cals, and I sometimes will go for a crappy lite beer but not usually. I prefer cocktails to beer anyway. have fun :drinker:
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    Crown and Diet Coke.
    Vodka and Crystal Lite.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    VODKA...There are so many flavors now and ways to make "skinny cocktails" that taste great. We have a bar that specializes in it, which is awesome!!!

Here are a couple of specials other cocktails that have less calories:

Skinny Screwdriver
    This traditional cocktail gets a makeover when you use diet lemon-lime soda to halve the calories and provide a flavorful, fun fizz. Combine 8 ounces of diet lemon-lime soda with a shot (1.5 ounces) of vodka and a shot of orange juice. Pour over ice, garnish with orange slices or orange peel, and enjoy for just 138 calories.

Peachy Keen Chiller
    Nothing screams summer like fresh, juicy peaches. In a blender, combine a shot of white rum, 1 medium (2-2/3 in diameter) chopped & peeled peach, 1 cup cold Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice, the juice of 1 lime, and a handful of ice cubes. Sip this frozen fruity concoction for a mere 171 calories.

Lean Piña Colada
    Skip the usual fat- and sugar-laden piña coladas and swap out several high-calorie ingredients to create a lightened-up version of this popular Caribbean cocktail. To prepare, throw ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks, ½ cup pineapple juice, 1 shot coconut-flavored rum, ¼ cup light coconut milk into a blender. Blend until smooth, add 3-4 ice cubes, and blend again. This lighter version clocks in at 244 calories
  • r60775m
    r60775m Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic, with lots of lime..

Also, Baja Bob makes excellent no calorie mixers, e.g. sweet and sour, etc.. I order it from Amazon.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    High % is high in calorie, I usually drink red wine, Rioja, it's 510cal per bottle
    100 g of vodka is 231 cal..that's one double shot