35 lbs to lost and struggling

kyenne
kyenne Posts: 22
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, I'm Kyenne. I found this site through an app on my phone and I love it! I think it's really going to help me stay accountable for daily exercise and the food that I am eating.
8 months ago I had my son and gained 60 lbs during pregnancy, well I lost that within the first 4 months with hard work and now weigh 10 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I still have 35 lbs to go to get to my goal weight and I have been working hard but it just won't come off!
My husband and I started insanity last week and have been following the diet very strictly. Have any of you done this workout, have any advice about it or any advice at all I would appreciate the support! Thanks everyone.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    You are off to a great start! Good for you! I know you'll love this site!!!!
  • _Cyclist_
    _Cyclist_ Posts: 2 Member
    Insanity is a great work out. Just make sure your eating enough calories to fuel your body for the workouts. It will take some time keep pushing play every day.
  • kyenne
    Yes it is hard, the problem I am having is that I feel like I'm having too many calories. With the workouts its recommended I eat 1700 a day but I feel like that is too much I've been close but around 100 less everyday.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I done Insanity
    I didn't do the diet plan because I'm not the type that can do diets but I still seen the results =)
    I just focused on moderation and portion and learn how to enjoy the foods I love w/o going overboard. I also have one "cheat day" a week - that's they day the family goes out to eat at a nice restaurant and just enjoy our meals

On my second round now

I also take NO Xplode (pre trainer drink mix) 30 mins before i do Insanity. Month 1 I always felt dead tired after I worked out. So month 2 I tried this and it gives me energy and gets my body prepared to workout and I still have energy after I'm done to go about my day.
  • kyenne
    Awesome thank you for all of the advice!
  • I would say if you are breastfeeding your child, I would avoid any exercise like Insanity or P90x type work outs. They are hard enough on a normal person, let alone someone feeding someone else.
    I've never personally done Insanity but I have done P90x and loved it. I'm kind of over the repetitiveness of the videos and want to get outside, that is the only reason I don't use P90x anymore.
    Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.