Hi Im new to the message board

Options
I been on here about a month I need some friends to help me stay straight on this diet...I ve only lost 2lbs in a month I want to lose that a week. I stay under 1200calories and exercise at least 5days a week..anyone have any suggestions? I saw some people saying they were getting off diet coke why? it is calorie free.

Replies

• Serowland
    Serowland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my diet coke to only one or two a week. It's very high in sodium which could be the problem for slow weight loss. I feel your pain, I am slow to lose because of Celiac disease. So far I am averaging a pound a week. You can add me if you like as a friend. I need some one to push me to exercise more as well!

Sandra
  • plifsey
    plifsey Posts: 24
    Options
    supposedly there is something about the fake sugar and caffeine that make people gain weight, caffeine is a stimulant.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    great thank you I will add you... well ok Ill give up diet cokes....I have to lose this weight....and I love walking it gives me power to keep going.2019376.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I been on here about a month I need some friends to help me stay straight on this diet...I ve only lost 2lbs in a month I want to lose that a week. I stay under 1200calories and exercise at least 5days a week..anyone have any suggestions? I saw some people saying they were getting off diet coke why? it is calorie free.

The sodium content in any soda is extremely high. The sodium messes with the way your body metabolizes stuff. Eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and getting really good aerobic exercise is the best. I recommend increasing your exercise - not sure how much you are currently doing, but the exercise needs to get your heart rate going pretty good to burn the calories. I started with just walking really fast with my dog Willow - we walked a little over 2 miles in the morning and then again at night. I was able to reduce my weight by almost 20 lbs the first two months. I joined MFP and have since reduced my weight by another 15 plus pounds. I've added other types of exercise too, though. I use a stationary bike, bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video (did that until I messed up my knee - and just haven't gotten back to it yet). Watch what you are eating - there may be things that "YOU" need to avoid based on your own specific needs. Only you can decide that. I know that when I eat beef, I feel sluggish, and tired with no motivation. As long as I avoid beef, and eat chicken, turkey, fish, shrimp, etc. I'm good. So, get to know your body and that will help a lot too.

Blessings as you work towards your goals.

Vickie
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello

You might want to increase your calorie intake.
    Especially if you are working out 5 days a week. (not sure how intense) but if your not getting enough calories your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose weight.

Feel free to add me

;-)