Seeking FitnessPals who play Wii, Turbo Fire or exercise wit

Options
Hey, all my real life fitnesspals have given up and I am hoping someone else is out there, working their butt off on WiiFit, and/or EA Active workouts, and/or Wii Just Dance, and/or any BeachBody type workout program. I tried P90X but very much disliked it (too man oriented, too much Yoga). I started TurboFire on Tuesday and it is so crazy, it makes P90X seem like a light warm-up. I have never been great at depriving myself and still eat ice-cream and all kinds of other terrible things, be my friend -and have the chance to laugh at my food diary. I lost nearly 30lbs since March counting calories on this site and working out, but my progress has stalled of late and I am looking for like-minded souls out there to help me get back on track.
Are you doing TurboFire? Do you hate P90X? Do you have another Chalean or Beachbody program you like? I am getting another Chalean product soon, I am willing to try anything (I even have Shape-up shoes and Reebok easytone runners). Be my friend! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of Wii Fit and Wii Programs - including Just Dance..LOL... I have Wii Fit/ Wii Active and I want Wii fit plus too. I am trying to add more workouts to lose bulk weight. Once I lose a lot of it, I will then start looking for the beach body type workouts to tone more.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I am on the 8th week of Chalean Extreme and I LOVE it:love::love: I've also done the Turbo Jam series and loved those too.

Which Chalean product did you order???
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me, Wii, Wii, Wii!!! I do Wii Fit Plus and Just Dance. I also have the Biggest Loser too. I sent you a friend request. I love having those things in my house. Recently I was reading about strength building so I think that I'm going to start going back to the gym next week.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request ... omg I LOVE Super Hula Hoop on Wii Fit Plus. What a great burn! :bigsmile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme hybrid. It's awesome!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire for almost two months. I've been incorporating other things in it too like 30 Day Shred and Slim in 6 jsut to keep things interesting.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I just starting doing wii fit plus this week. It is really fun and my husband & I laugh at each other while we work out :) I also do the 30 day shred along with going to the gym 5 days a week. I have tried P90X but only lasted 27 days. I plan to try to get all the way through it once I've lost about another 10-15lbs. Add me if you'd like :) Good luck!
  • sammoniz
    Options
    I have a Wii and use Wii fit Plus and EA Active - what's Just Dance like?
  • ley1
    ley1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm Ellie and am using Wii fit and ea sports active to train and I've lost 12lbs so far doing it :)

I love training on the Wii because I cant afford our local gyms, its also enabled me to go out and do more with my two boys, having the confidence to walk further to take them places when I don't have the car.

Also have just dance too but i really cant dance for my life so i dont do it that often!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I do the Wii Just Dance, Walk It Out and Don King Boxing!
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "Recently I was reading about strength building so I think that I'm going to start going back to the gym next week."
    [/quote]

Try Wii EA Active Workouts, I also have the 'more workouts' version because I loved it so much. If you like how motivating and fun Wii games are, you will like this better than the gym. The workouts incorporate strength training with fun cardio and are hugely motivating. The game comes with a resistance band but I use free weights. I have earned every single trophy on both versions except the 10,000 calorie burned! These games are a great place to start if you want to do strength training, I got great results.
  • AmeliaDouglas
    Options
    I'm doing a Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme hybrid. It's awesome!

I actually bought the 'deluxe' version of Chalean Extreme, even though it said it was for Chalean Extreme customers only... Who cares, I wanted the balance ball and all the other cool toys it comes with! I once took an amazing class working out with the Ball, it was awesome for abs, but embarrassing to be the fat one in class. I am thinking of buying Chalean Extreme now that I have TurboFire and it has the hybrid schedule. TurboFire is nuts! I love Chalean, and I can't believe how great the women in the videos look. One woman on the P90X tapes had leg muscles that looked like tumours they were so huge and wrong. I'll let you know if the 'deluxe' tapes are any good, they haven't arrived yet.
  • AmeliaDouglas
    Options

Also have just dance too but i really cant dance for my life so i dont do it that often!

I love the dances, and a friend of mine at Ubisoft gave me the new list of songs coming out for summer. There is also a 'dance workout' game by the same company, it is anything but 'just' dancing, and I am not that fond of it. I find 'Just Dance' frustrating because while most of the more complicated moves are fun and easy, I just can't seem to do certain moves and it makes me crazy! I try over and over and the move never gets a 'great' rating. Doing the 'challenge mode' for 10 full songs is a great workout. It doesn't keep track of your progress like workout games do, so it isn't that motivating, but I love 'Le Freak,' 'Bebe,' 'Dare,' 'Ring My Bell' and lots of others. I love to play this game at night when I am dying to have a snack but have no calories left to spend.
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "Recently I was reading about strength building so I think that I'm going to start going back to the gym next week."

Try Wii EA Active Workouts, I also have the 'more workouts' version because I loved it so much. If you like how motivating and fun Wii games are, you will like this better than the gym. The workouts incorporate strength training with fun cardio and are hugely motivating. The game comes with a resistance band but I use free weights. I have earned every single trophy on both versions except the 10,000 calorie burned! These games are a great place to start if you want to do strength training, I got great results.
    [/quote]

I will do that! Sounds great!
  • crimsonrambler
    crimsonrambler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined MFP a couple days ago and I'm looking for exercise buddies! :flowerforyou: Today I started a Leslie Sansone video, but I am doing most of my exercise on the Wii. I have Wii Fit Plus. Rhythm Boxing, Advanced Step, Rhythm Kung Fu, and Free Step are my favorites so far. (I can't believe one of the previous posters loves Super Hula Hoop...I think it may have been created by the devil. I tried the 6 minute once and couldn't get all the way through. DANG.) I'm thinking about getting Just Dance, but I was kind of hoping it would go down in price when they release the new one, so I was kind of waiting to get it until then.

Thanks for posting this! :bigsmile:
  • AmeliaDouglas
    Options
    I think I did a 10-minute super hula hoop session once, and had cramps pretty bad afterward. I love to hate it because it really is the most intense exercise on WiiFit. I haven't done WiiFit in a couple months. I was just getting too good. Perfect scores in almost every game like soccer heading, tilt city, and crazy 198 meter ski jumps, and I found it took too much time to burn calories. Another decent workout is the flying game, I love that one. I went crazy getting every single flag in the biking game, ouch, that hurts (and not in the right way). I still have yet to try more than 1 or 2 yoga/strength exercises on WiiFit+ (are any of these actually good?).
  • crimsonrambler
    crimsonrambler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do most of the yoga positions (haven't tried the advanced ones yet, but I've only been doing this for a week.), but I've been doing yoga stuff (like Denise Austin videos) for years. The only one I really have any trouble with is Tree. I seriously have no idea how to keep my foot from slipping.
  • AmeliaDouglas
    Options
    I have tried P90X but only lasted 27 days. I plan to try to get all the way through it once I've lost about another 10-15lbs.

I lasted 25 days doing P90X. It wasn't too difficult but I just couldn't bear to do another up/downward dog. I did just what you are describing and started out doing the light 30-day challenge on Wii EA Active, then the medium intensity 6 week-challenge on 'more workouts,' and so on. I built my way up to doing P90X and now TurboFire, which is really intense. Thanks for the encouragement, hopefully the scale starts moving again soon.
  • sparke1986
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus. Looking for different ones to do. Thought about the Just Dance but didn't know how I would like it. Add me if you would like.