Health related apps please!

Options
Which apps do you use to promote your new healthy lifestyle? I am putting a list together to hand out to a large, varied group.

So far, I have these apps on my list because I have personally used and enjoyed them:
Myfitnesspal
StrongLifts5x5
MapMyRun/Ride
C25k (couch to 5k, 5k trainer)
Zombies, Run! (run away from zombies in an interactive game $$)

I am sure there are many more. Please give a brief description if it isn't obvious from the title and also note if the app is free or purchased. THANK YOU!

Replies

• SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Striiv
    its a walking app.. so much fun because theres a game... its easy to follow too.
    Whoops And its free!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Endomondo.. like RunKeeper and the like but LOTS more activity choices (ie skiing, swimming, hiking, etc).

ETA: baseline app is free, premium app is available for purchase. not sure of the price!
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Everymove it gives you points to earn and you cash the points for rewards. Links to MFP.

Earnndit does the same thing.

Endomodo

Runkeeper

Zombies,Run! C25k

Charity Miles.

and the main one. MFP.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Runtastic and Runtastic Pro, first is free and second is purchased (think its like $4.99)...but it tracks not only running but cycling, walking, cross-country skiing, and you can input all kinds of other things like eliptical workouts, diving, swimming, frisbee, even. So its a pretty cool app that tracks distance and calories plus other things like weather conditions during your workout, pace, speed, and if you have a HRM that links up to it it will track that too. Oh yeah, and it will automatically pause your workout if you stop...love that feature!!
  • jdaley90
    Options
    Oh I thought of another... GymPact!!

Basically you make a pact to go to the gym X number of times a week (for me it's 5) and when you sing up you have to link up a credit hard and put down an amount of $$$ you'd be willing to pay if you miss a day (starts at $5 and goes up from there). After the week is over if you miss a day you get charged but if you make your pact you get paid! I've made around $20 so far. Free app. Nice way to motivate yourself and make some $$$. My weekly earn is from about $2.30-$2.70.
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fitocracy (free, available on Android and Apple devices, or as a website on a regular computer). It gamifies working out-you earn points for each activity, and you can compete with others.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Basically you make a pact to go to the gym X number of times a week (for me it's 5) and when you sing up you have to link up a credit hard and put down an amount of $$$ you'd be willing to pay if you miss a day (starts at $5 and goes up from there). After the week is over if you miss a day you get charged but if you make your pact you get paid! I've made around $20 so far. Free app. Nice way to motivate yourself and make some $$$. My weekly earn is from about $2.30-$2.70.

There is another kinda like this that is called StikK. If you don't hit your goal (weight, gym, miles run, whatever) you get charged and the money goes to charity. Can't get paid though. Nice!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have...

1. MFP
    2. Pump N Log (a free app that lets me track my lifting. I chose it because I'm doing NROLFW and it lets me customize my own workout moves, reps, etc instead of trying to give me a program to do).
    3. C25K

Want to add...
    4. ZombieRun

5. Something to track distance in running, but haven't decided which one is the most accurate yet. Leaning towards MapMyRun at the moment.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the following installed across my iPhone/iPad. Some I use more than others (♥).

MFP: ♥♥♥♥♥
    iMuscle 2: ♥♥♥♥♥
    Easy Abs:
    Stretching:
    Nike Feul Band:♥♥♥
    Nike+ Running: ♥♥
    Nike Training
    Zombie 5k
    Runtastic Pro: ♥♥♥♥
    Zonbies Run:
    FitBit: ♥♥♥♥♥
    Withings WiFi scale app: ♥♥♥♥♥
    Caveman Feast
  • jdaley90
    Options
    Fitocracy (free, available on Android and Apple devices, or as a website on a regular computer). It gamifies working out-you earn points for each activity, and you can compete with others.

That's a GREAT one! I use Fitocracy daily.. LOVE IT! I feel so beastly when I get 1000+ points for a workout or complete a quest.. I'm at level 24 now I think!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper - GPS records your runs and calculates calories burned
    Body Media - armband that records calories burned, steps, sleep patterns and syncs with MFP
    C25K
    Strong Runner - tips and coaching for runners
    Fat2Fit
  • jdaley90
    Options

There is another kinda like this that is called StikK. If you don't hit your goal (weight, gym, miles run, whatever) you get charged and the money goes to charity. Can't get paid though. Nice!

In GymPact you get paid from the people who don't make their pact so no charity but that's such a nice idea! Thought you could always remove the money you make and then donate it on your own...
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Achievemint.com --> not an app, but if you link your apps to it you get rewarded for healthy activities ($25 check when you earn enough points)

and I love gympact. I've made like $50 off of it this year.
  • marksvizz
    Options
    I use runtastic and digifit which I think are great!
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Nexercise is another one like that
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Accupedo - Pedometer app. It is the best one I've found so far. Had the free one for 6 months, bought the pro version just to pay the developer.
    JEFit - Tracks your workouts. Mostly geared to lifting.
    Sworkit - Mostly have it as it has yoga programs.
    The other stuff has been mentioned already.
  • jdaley90
    Options
    BodyBuilding.com's app is not too bad either. It's a bit clunky but if you're following one of their program (Ie LiveFit) you can import all the logs they have into your BodySpace calendar and log your workouts on there. I haven't explored this either but you may be able to reorder your supplements on their as well. App is free.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are great. I'm going to have to get some of these apps myself lol.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)