Whole Grain Breakfast Cereal??

Options
I have been eating Multi-grain Cheerios alot and I am getting bored! Any suggestions for whole grain - high fiber TASTY cereals? Thanks!!

Replies

• totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat Uncle Sam Cereal, one cup has 14 grams of fiber and zero sugar.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Go Lean Crunch
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am a Kashi Go Lean Original FREAK. I recommend it (and eat it) so often I think they should pay me. High fiber (10g), high protein(13g), low sugar (6g), relatively low-cal (140). What more could you possibly want?
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I know they aren't super healthy - but I LOVE the Cinnamon Strudel Frosted Mini Wheats

OK, so this made me laugh. Then I looked up the stats...actually not that crazy bad at all! Might have to get some for hubby...sneak some healthy in without him noticing :wink:
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going grocery shopping today and if I find something great I am buying in bulk! I have heard alot about Kashi I think that is the direction I may go in today... :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Kashi has a cinnamon crunch as well.
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know they aren't super healthy - but I LOVE the Cinnamon Strudel Frosted Mini Wheats
    :noway: I've never heard of that flavor before, but it sounds PERFECT for me, as I've been craving cinnamon rolls for the past few days. I don't think that's available here in Canada though :frown: I'm so used to eating the blueberry muffin flavor.
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Kashi - Cocoa Beach
    Udi's Hawaiian
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean Crunch with 2 tbs dried cranberries.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i love the kashi go lean crisp in toasted berry crumble...so delicious! i add it to my vanilla yogurt, its perfect for that!
  • rachapman
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, no sodium, 5g fiber per serving.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    any form of oats; rolled, quick or steelcut, is considered whole grain and oh so good for you. I prefer steelcuts and I make up a big batch once a week so I can just heat up a portion in the morning. Lately I add it to my yogurt along with frozen blueberries and a shake of cinnamon (I've been reading about how cinnamon helps regulate your blood sugars). When it gets really cold out this winter I'll switch to just steelcut oats with a tab of butter, a spoon of raw honey or maple syrup and the shake of cinnamon.

good luck, happy eating!
  • cycle4fun
    Options
    I hear so many good things about Kashi Go Lean, but today in the store I noticed there are 230 calories per serving! This is the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. Also I looked for the Go Lean Crisp in Toasted Berry Crumble but I dont think we have that in Canada.
    I love my oatmeal in the morning but I am looking for cereal -just quick add some almond milk and go- that fills me up. Is Kashi a good choice? I tried the All Bran Honey Nuts but it tastes YUK with the sucralose.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I just bought Fiber 1 mini wheats...they're delicious!!
  • WrenLynn
    Options
    I love Special K -Protein Plus. Lots of fiber and protein and even though my kids don't like it I love it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love Guardian original with a hint of maple.....and bran buds together. 190 calories and 13 grams of fibre.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I really like Kelloggs - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cereal - its like a cinnamon cheerio and has 9 grams of fiber. I will eat it as a snack too instead of chips.
  • cycle4fun
    Options
    i love the kashi go lean crisp in toasted berry crumble...so delicious! i add it to my vanilla yogurt, its perfect for that!

Bought them yesterday, wow those are yummmmie! I also took a little container to work for a snack. Thanks for the tip!