I'm so COLD!!!

Options

Replies

• marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yes, I sure do. I'm already cold and it early September!!!! Then when I say I'm cold people say well thats because you need some meat on your bones or I also hear that is because you have lost all your insulation. I just want to say sorry people, I like the way I look know , I just don't like being cold :grumble:
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite--was always cold until started synthroid in January, started losing weight in February and started exercising in May. I am now down 30 lbs (was 35 but went to St. Louis for the Cardinals games this weekend and probably put on some glycogen weight), and now I can walk around in 75 degrees without a sweater or jacket. Now I pretty much wear shorts and exercise tops and and nearly always perfectly comfortable. Of course, I live in Florida and am pretty comfortable outside at night. Daytime I am starting to get hot--but it has to be in the sun or over 88 degrees before I feel hot.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    yup...all the time. had it checked and ok on levels. been like this the last two years. still waiting for internal thermostat to reset and kick in...I think it's broken though. :grumble:
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    U might be anemic - i would go get checked just to make sure.
    Just for the record, I not only take an iron suppliment, I am also a blood donor. Last month, when I donated blood, they checked my hemeglobin first and it was perfectly normal. So, I am NOT anemic. Just cold!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've always been prone to getting cold, but now its 10x worse and it takes forever for me to warm back up!

Yep, me too. It's SO bad though :( I hate it! I wear hoodies on top of my sweaters on top of my sweatshirts :(
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    yep....I have the same problem.....hands and feet especially.....not fun!!!!
  • amie709
    Options
    Are you sure your eating enough to keep you out of starvation mode?? Cause temp regulation problems can be a sign of that. And, I do realize that temp regulation would actually refer to hot and cold not just colder but I'm thinking if maybe it could be a start to it. I haven't found any difference in being colder since I started losing weight.
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had 120 kgs (264 lbs), and lost 30 of it (66 lbs), so i had 90 kgs (200 lbs), and i can tell you, i was extremely cold with 120, with 90, and with 100 that i have now. I never felt any difference. :-/
  • I am constantly cold and I straight up SHIVER after a workout. No matter how fast I change out of sweaty clothes and take a hot shower I cannot fight off the shivers.

When I started dating my fiance 10 years ago we were both hot all the time. Now that I've lose 200 pounds and am cold all the time we fight about temperature 24/7. Anything before 75 is too cold for me!

ALSO I have a condition called Raynaud's which is very common in women and causes my fingers and toes to be part icicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I used to break a sweat playing video games on the couch with the room temperature set to like 19C... Now I am freezing if it's under 23C.

Probably saves money as the A/C doesn't run as much as it used to... But the best part is that it's more in-line with the wife, so we're not having a thermostat war anymore.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am so cold all the time, I'm currently wearing three layers with a scarf and I had to bring a blanket into work, while the other people ( in just their t-shirts) are looking at me strange!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Absolutely, I'm freezing pretty much all the time. I suppose the one upside is that it takes me longer to heat up & start sweating when running even in the summer heat.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    YES! I am constantly complaining about it in my office. My co-workers will be warm and I have on a sweater. The last week or so here, outdoor temperatures have been in the 95-100° F range and I am still wearing a sweater in the office. The factory workers (not air conditioned) here are going to lynch me!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    I've lost 97lbs over the last 22 months. I was really, really freezing for a good part of that. I thought I was going to freeze last Winter (I'm in Australia, so a year ago as we've just entered Spring), It was not uncommon for me to walk around with 4 or 5 layers on, inside, with heating going as well. I have adjusted somewhat now though and wasn't nearly so cold this Winter just been. Now I've moved onto to having lost so much padding that my backside hurts even on comfy seats. I'll take being uncomfortable over being morbidly obese any day though!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I get really cold too!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I was at my highest weight, I was extremely anemic (to the point that I required blood transfusions), so I was cold all the time. The health problem has abated as I have lost weight, but I'm still pretty cold intolerant.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. Dr. told me I lost the layer of fat and that is why I'm cold. I can get goose bumps just drinking ice water. But I'd rather be cold than fat. So I can add layers of clothes if I need them. NO problem!!
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY, I thought I was alone on this.

I've lost ALOT of weight since the last time it was cold and now it is starting to chill again I am getting really cold, went out and bought some thermal undergarments. I live in London and it gets very cold in the winter. In the summer our office was air conned, it used to get so cold for me I used to just duck out for constant coffee breaks outdoors just so I can get some warmth!

I have to say though, I echo many of the sentiments here, previously I used to get very warm and sweaty always, even at room temps, now I am much more balanced.

It could very well be that what we are perceiving to be cold is actually just the norm and our body will take time to adjust to it. In the mean time, just wear more clothes and stick to hot drinks.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I was until I started doing more exercise and getting my circulation working again....now I'm warmer, especially my fingers, despite missing the fat.