AIM TO LOSE 6-8KG/MONTH..ANYONE GAME???

jahreviking
jahreviking Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Heloooo friends....

i am on Day 1 of my journey from Fat to healthy, sexy. i kick started my journey today. ate sensibly, ran and walked. my diet is holistic because i am following a HOLISTIC diet. 2 days on bran to get rid of the water retention. i drink lemon water for detox and sip it all day to speed up my metabolism. i sometimes sprinkle fresh ground black pepper a bit on some warm water. it helps a lot in speeding up a sluggish metabolism.

so friends....can't wait...for all your support and would love for others to join in and support and motivate eachother.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

This.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Your pre-lifestyle-change activities with the bran and water retention and pepper and water sound like a great farewell ceremony to your previous lifestyle.

But being that holistic is characterized by the whole being intrinsically linked to the sum of the parts, and the parts being inexplicable without the context of the whole, the foods you describe consuming are not in and of themselves representative of a holistic diet.

Additionally, stating that you are eating a holistic diet because you are eating a holistic diet is begging the question.

Edited to add: Count those calories!! I'm not sure about the biological ramifications of holism on food intake or body fat retention but I'm certain that thermodynamics applies to living systems just as readily as inanimate systems! You can do it!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    You won't get much support for detoxes and cleanses here...

Also don't expect to lose 13-18lbs per month, you're setting yourself up for failure on the first day...
  • Drinking lemon water or water with some black pepper is just my personal preference according to Ayurveda. i do not intend to start, spark a debate here on the pros, cons etc. Ayurveda is renowned world over and revered. its all ok for each one to his/her own. i am on this journey and just sharing it. feel free to join or to browse or walk away. its all ok. i thought some people might be interested for an insight into some ayurveda with weight loss. i do not understand this negativity. but....its ok. :smile: i will do what i am doing.
    Holistic is a broad term and the debate is endless.

also i do not know why people think i am doing a detox. i aim for fitness with my runs/walks and health with my food. having lemon water early morning is best according to ayurveda for a sluggish metabolism. so its just an aid in my diet and not a cleanse or detox.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    if something works for you then by all means please do it and stick to it. everyone has their own beliefs about whats right and wrong. im glad youre not one to worry about what others think because there are some people on here that will just try to drag you down and make you feel like everything youre doing is wrong. its happened to me and ive grown enough to ignore it
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    LOL
  • if something works for you then by all means please do it and stick to it. everyone has their own beliefs about whats right and wrong. im glad youre not one to worry about what others think because there are some people on here that will just try to drag you down and make you feel like everything youre doing is wrong. its happened to me and ive grown enough to ignore it

Prettigirl....
    i appreciate your kind words of encouragement. i myself am a positive person and will always be so. its really funny how people inevitably discourage you with so much negativity. but it pushes me on. drinking 1Glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach is firstly not doing any harm...secondly...its not poison..its just lemon and filter water...duh!! and yes it does speed up a sluggish metabolism overloaded with daily junk food over the years. there is lots of wisdom in ayurveda...but i am glad i know it and am even more encouraged now. thanks so much..
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    black pepper in water?!

tumblr_lwxys7gdMl1qii6tmo1_500.gif
  • how does lemon and water speed up metabolism? I'm not being negative or critical, I'm genuinely curious as to how you think that would work?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    The negativity, or at least mine, comes from the fact that holistic is a sufficiently broad enough term to be completely meaningless, and is frequently used to mask ineffective, fraudulent treatments and protocols. So I am very concerned to see the term being used, especially so vociferously, and especially without clear definition - - except to describe some sort of fast.

Further, the assertion that pepper in hot water accelerates the metabolism is not factual.

Finally, and specifically with regard to Ayurveda:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2755247/
    One hundred ninety-three of the 230 requested medicines were received and analyzed. The prevalence of metal-containing products was 20.7% (95% confidence interval [CI], 15.2%–27.1%). The prevalence of metals in US-manufactured products was 21.7% (95% CI, 14.6%–30.4%) compared with 19.5% (95% CI, 11.3%–30.1%) in Indian products (P=.86). Rasa shastra compared with non–rasa shastra medicines had a greater prevalence of metals (40.6% vs 17.1%; P=.007) and higher median concentrations of lead (11.5 μg/g vs 7.0 μg/g; P=.03) and mercury (20 800 μg/g vs 34.5 μg/g; P=.04). Among the metal-containing products, 95% were sold by US Web sites and 75% claimed Good Manufacturing Practices. All metal-containing products exceeded 1 or more standards for acceptable daily intake of toxic metals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23469679
    The Traditional Indian medicine--in particular Ayurveda--is a popular and well-known healing system. Within this system several PA-containing plants are used which, on account of their PA level, represent a severe health risk. In general, it is not recommended to use plants containing those toxic compounds.

http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/3958
    While the system enjoys wide acceptance among people, drug experts have estimated approximately 6000 medicines in the ‘Ayurvedic Formulary’ (pharmacopoeia for Indian medicines) which intentionally contain at least one metal. The important elements used in Ayurveda and patented herbal drug industry are mercury, lead, tin, cadmium, zinc, copper, silver, iron, gold, sulphur, antimony and arsenic.1 Currently, heavy metal toxicity through the consumption of Ayurvedic, Siddha or patented herbal drug preparations is an ignored but a prevailing problem in India and other countries.

Sorry to sound negative. Eat a caloric deficit, weight train for musculoskeletal health, and perform cardiovascular exercise for cardiopulmonary health. I know that doesn't sound as romantic as holism, but there should be a point-counterpoint when people publish assertions on the internet.
  • Sarah...Ayurveda says it does. you have to have a glass of lemon water, lukewarm with 1 tbsp honey mixed into it. this should be taken, empty stomach first thing in the morning and yes it does speed up your metabolism. ofcourse stop the junk food and just be sensible. this is tried and tested through hundreds of years and it also helps with good skin because bad skin according to ayurveda is indicative mostly of bad health mostly stomach, related, poor digestion etc.

its harmless...fresh and does not hurt...:smile:
  • haaaaa........this is not an Ayurvedic medicine bought off a shelf. this is a fresh water lemon concoction made at home. how bad can it be.

and hey some unscruplous, greedy folks make ayurvedic medicines using toxic stuff...but its MEDICINES...this is just lemon water my friend....haaaaa.........:laugh:
    and there are such greedy companies all over the world and not just in ayurvedic medicine.

its just fresh, healthy lemons.....duh!!!

and i am following a healthy balanced diet and doing CARDIO....:happy:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include these items:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.