100+ lbs to lose! New from Sacramento, CA

Options
Hi all! I'm new here, I think I signed up for the app a while ago and never used it, but I'm starting fresh today. I've gotten motivated through fitness blogs, friends, and my family's recent success with weight loss. It's time for a change!

I'm 24, a Photographer, and live in Sacramento. I'd love some online support friends, but if you're looking for a local workout buddy let me know!

Have a great day all!

-Morgan E

Replies

• SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!! Thanks for the friend request. I just turned 25 and I work in the medical field. I wish I lived near you, I am in desperate need of a workout buddy.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • feliscattus
    Options
    Hi. I'm new as well, started on Sunday. I also have just over 100lb to lose. However Sheffield UK is a little far for a workout buddy! Would be happy to have some online support friends though. :smile:
  • timcapell
    timcapell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I too need to drop over 100lbs. Today I'm wanting to start up again. I have a friend at church that's really been putting forth effort to drop the weight. I'm 34yrs old. Have high blood pressure, pre-diabetic, acid reflux, high trigs that are all controlled with medications. I'm tired of the barrage of medications I have to take to keep things in line and it only seems to slightly help. The weight is what's causing all this. The pills are a band-aid effect...I know this, and need to get serious about it. I'm shortening my life by not getting it under control. Add me as a friend we can give each other all support. I need all of it I can get.
  • kik1keedle
    Options
    Hi! I also have huge goals! If you want, hit me up on facebook too. http://www.facebook.com/sum1special717

I am always down to workout.
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to the site! I really love MFP and I'm on here several times a day. This site has helped me a lot already. You can add me too if you'd like ;) Good luck on your weight loss!!
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. Would love a work out buddy but you are a couple hours south of me. I am in Redding, CA. But if you are looking for an online buddy feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome.. I have bout 80 I need to lose.. always looking for encouraging friends.. please feel free to add me anyone :)
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal is also just over 100lbs, and I've just started. I'm on everyday, sometimes many times a day and would love a new friend, feel free to add me!
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Another Sacramentan! They do Exist!! How YOU doin'? I am Josh. Hey, I am right in your ballpark. I am looking to get fit and improve my situation, but have fun doing it. Lookin to make new friends to hang out with. I go to school at ARC, and am leavin the state after Christmas, but I want to look for some people on here I could work out with. I am in the Midtown area, so if you want a good workout partner, let's do this! I am gettin a road bicycle pretty soon, and will be hittin the trails by next week, so if you want to go riding, then lets go! Hit me up
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! Davis here... so close to Sacramento! I just started a meetup page for MFP/FitBit users... feel free to join! It's brand new, and I think i was the only member at the time... but feel free to join me!

http://www.meetup.com/Sacramento-Area-FitBit-Users/

Jen
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I have had this app for a while as well. I never really realized how awesome it is until I started to use it last week! Glad to see that there are some people that have 100 + pounds to loose... we can do it! This Time for Us! Im from Houston, TX but would loove to have an online community of friends to uplift and help keep each other going.

-Crystal
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm in the midtown area and happy to help support our fellow Sac Town peoples :)
  • shellsies93
    Options
    heyy!! i'm in sacramento too!! I have only found one other person! yay!! haha. welcome and good luck! :)
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks you too! There is a lot to do here in Sacramento...now all we have to do is get up and get moving right? :)
  • kbk124
    Options
    Hi I am starting here today as well. I have 70 lbs to lose. I'm recently down from 216 to 205.5. I work at a desk all day, so I love motivation!!!
  • DrSchizo
    DrSchizo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm not near Sacramento, but I live in California if that means anything? hahaha I just recently started using this app (again) not too long ago. I didn't realize how cool it is and all it entailed! I just used it to log my food and wasn't really seeing any benefits out of it, but now that I've been going to the gym for 3 weeks, it's helping me stay on track. I'm hoping to make friends & if anyone is close enough, maybe go to the gym (I live in Oxnard). I also need positive role models in my life because I don't have a lot of friends in my situation. I would like to lose 150 pounds, I was pre-diabetic & have recently been diagnosed with type 2, I also have high blood pressure. I'm trying REALLY hard to stay focused and on track. Anything to help is appreciated! Hope everyone has a great & productive day!
  • revfresh
    revfresh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started on the boards yesterday, but have been using the app, solidly, for almost 11 weeks, I'm down 30 lbs, Still about 45 left to burn before I reassess. We can do this! Just get it started :)
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am not from your area, but I do have over 100 to lose, 124 now. :) I am a sahm to 3 girls and they keep me pretty busy but I log daily and try to comment on friends daily or at least every other day! This is a great place for support :) Good luck on your journey!
  • smilelyfe
    Options
    Hey my name is Tamara but my friends call me Tammy I do have over 100 lbs to lose i'm in the Sacramento area in the North Highlands we can meet up if you like I'm 31 years but pretty cool you can email me @ tamarawms81@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in Sacramento as well. & have 100+ to loose. My name is Kristen. I'm going to email you from my work email in just a few minutes.