help with weight watchers points.

Options
Ok, i'm not doing ww but i found this amazing website with wonderful recipes on it, but everything is listed in points instead of calories. What does one "point" equal in calories? I googled it but the answers varied.

Oh, by the way the website is skinnytaste.com. I have made nothing but recipes from this site for the last week. They are fabulous!

Replies

• RCharlesworth
    Options
    Amber,

When I go on the site (thank you for that -- it has some great recipes I want to try already), they list the calories under the title in at least the recipes I looked at.
  • blondiz
    blondiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The calories vary, but each point is roughly 50 calories. WW considers fat and fiber too. I would plug the recipe into this website to find a more accurate number of calories.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Amber,

When I go on the site (thank you for that -- it has some great recipes I want to try already), they list the calories under the title in at least the recipes I looked at.

Exactly - its right below. 1 WW point is approximately 60-80 calories but that also depends on fiber and fat so its really a random guess. I've been using Gina's Skinny Taste Website for years! That’s where my black bean south western salad comes from and white bean crustini appetizers most notably.
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is a great site! Thanks:wink:
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Amber,

Yeah, some of them do list the calories, but not all of them.
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    These recipes look great! Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Amber,

Yeah, some of them do list the calories, but not all of them.

Then you just have to add your version of the recipe to MFP. It will take <5 minutes and I usually alter her recipes anyway since we hate cheese and she uses a more oil then I want to eat daily.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to add the whole recipe on here and divide you can use sparkspeople recipe calculator and divide it by how many portions you want.

It will give you the whole nutritional break down so then you can just copy and paste it into this forum. I do that most of the time so there isnt any guess work involved.

Thanks for that site too! I've been cooking off of the world according to eggface.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    WOW....that site is awesome!!! Thanks for posting it.

Calories per WW point can vary as others have said....the more fiber and less fat there is, the lower the point value. But MOST (probably not ALL) items that are 100 cals equal 2 pts so per point it would have to be under 100 cals. I did Weight Watchers after I had my first son (almost 9 years ago) and lost about 38 lbs in about 16 weeks or so. It really is a sound program to do as it teaches you how to eat in the real world.

I use a computer program called Mastercook 9 and I LOVE it. I calculates the nutritional info for any recipe I put in it.