30lbs Lost - Was Hoping To see bigger difference

Options
peanut352
peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
So I started this journey on July 1, 2010, weighing 204lbs on my small 5' frame. I am now down to 174, 30lbs lost!
When I started I had everything from acid reflux, to constipation constantly, my stomach always hurt, my legs, and hips were always aching, and now all of those things are GONE! It's unbelievable what eating healthy and exercising everday can do for ones body! I'm down from a tight size 18 to a snug 14, went from shirt size 2X...sometimes 3X to an X-large.
But when I look at these pictures side by side I just dont see a huge difference. I'm not going to let it bother me, I'm just going to keep going until I like what I see in my pictures. I feel better, I can do things I never thought I would be able to do again, and thats all that matters at this point. I still have another 40-50lbs to get where I want to be, and I will get there...without a doubt!

Thank you MFP, and all of my friends for all the support and encourgement! You have no idea how much it means to have this support...or maybe you do:flowerforyou:
I hope the picture worked...if not, feel free to help me out! LOL
BTW, I avoided full body pictures like the plague, so I didnt have many old pics to choose from.

mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Think your missing the big picture here. you LOST 30 lbs..... that alone is the important thing, even it it took 2 years to do it. point is, slow and steady is the key, never be in a hurry to lose. Just lose over time.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I see the difference! You are busty like me so you won't really see the change as much in pictures as other folks. Start doing your 'before' pictures in a tight fitting shirt or a one-piece. You will see the difference right away. Keep up the good work, you should be proud!
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be proud!! You're out of the 200's!! I'm a short girl too and know exactly how you feel! I can't wait to hit the 30 pound mark! It's very slow for me but the point is...WE'RE LOSING! Keep up the great work!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it's an awesome accomplishment from July to October! And YES, there are differences in the photos. the first time i lost i was so used to seeing the old me i actually didn't see changes until one day it clicked and i saw the new true reflection. Never had a problem since. But you're downplaying a major fabulous achievement for yourself.

ok, you're not where you want to be yet--but you know what to do to get there. review your weight loss positives--the better health, smaller size clothes etc--and GO FOR IT! maybe join dj's 80 day pre holiday challenge on the forums for some buddies doing the same thing you are.

You are smaller and with a waist in that 2d pic btw!!! Best of luck to you going into round two of your weight loss fight!
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh Girl!! It shows! Your face is much slimmer and your waist is more visible too! You look like you may have lost a bit in your chest area too!! I think you look fantastic! Drop me a friend request I would love to help cheer you on and I could use some cheering myself!!
  • zackhanmom
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I've dropped 26 pounds but don't see a big difference- or at least the difference I was hoping to see. But, clothes are fitting much looser, and my measurements are dropping slowly but surely. Just keep up the great work and you will begin to see that picture of yourself change.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can tell! Your face, neck and upper arms are all very noticeable. Even though you are chesty you can tell that your shirts are sitting better on you and are baggier.

Good job! Keep it up!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There are several GOOD things about your 30 pounds. One-You lost 30 Pounds!!! Also you don't have the aches and pains you used to. That's a big plus. Also I saw a difference in your face. I think the only reason you don't see a difference is that you wear loose fitting cloths where you can't see a difference. Your doing great. It's also hard for you to see a difference because you see yourself every day. It's harder to tell. Take measurements. They will tell you the real story. You may have lost several inches all over. It sometimes help us see the real progress. Just don't lose sight of the fact that your getting healthier. Keep up the good work.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options

When I started I had everything from acid reflux, to constipation constantly, my stomach always hurt, my legs, and hips were always aching, and now all of those things are GONE! It's unbelievable what eating healthy and exercising everday can do for ones body! I'm down from a tight size 18 to a snug 14, went from shirt size 2X...sometimes 3X to an X-large.

This is inspiration for me! I am 2 pounds from my first 20 and im excited. Forget t he pictures you put up there, you are feeling better and buying smaller clothes! Theres definately a difference!!!! keep up the awesome work!
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great Job :) You can definitely see a difference!! Keep up the good work!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference - particularly round the face and there's moredefinition to your arms and legs too! You should be very proud - well done!
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think your right, If I had taken before and after pictures in tighter workout clothes I'm sure the picture would show a bigger difference. I just couldnt stand the way I looked, and didnt want to see all the bumps and ugliness in those types of clothes....but I wish had now!
    I'm not down on myself at all, I feel fanfreakingtabulous! and there is no stopping me! But I think I will take some pics in gym clothes now, so when I'm down another 20-30lbs I will be able to SEE a bigger difference.

Thank you everyone! :wink:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Your FANFREAKINGTABULOUS made me laugh. Go, YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!