I know I'm a runner because:

Options
12346»

Replies

• saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know that butt butter works as good as body glide.
    I understand a negative split.
    I don't bother to do pedicures any more.
    I stock baking soda and vinegar to soak my running cloths in.
    When I get lost on a long so run day, I don't pull out my gps, I keep running until I need to call to be rescued.
    I know that nodding, or acknowledging other runners is apart of the code- unless you're out for an early morning run - then ain't nobody have time for that.
    I have scars on my chest and back caused by charting.
    I have a stash of newspaper specifically to be used when I run in the rain to dry my shoes out quickly.
    My daughter (2.5 years old) refuses to hug, kiss or get close to me after a long run - before I shower.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-auto-514146.jpeg
  • levicrouch
    Options
    I know that on any given day, i can run 5k or even 10k.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    1. When my family and friends ask me for info on my running shoes
    2. When everyone in my circle knows what time NOT to call or text me
    3. When I stopped using my car to go to the CVS to pick up Aleve
    4. I have a tube of Biofreeze in my purse, back pack, bathroom, bedroom and at mama's house
    5. My dog is tired of running before I am
    6. Husband now buys me compression socks, instead of flowers
    7. When MY KIDS CAN NO LONGER KEEP UP WITH ME!!!

:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Biofreeze is da bomb!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I know where the busy roads are

I know a college student will and has run over my foot(dumb@@s it is a stop sign for a reason)

Pandora is more then a box

I love getting tee shirts for a small $20 entry fee

I am capable of jumping in a ditch to avoid being hit....

I leave water bottles in yards and go back for them later

Steve said if I'm not walking then I'm a runner; works for me :)
  • leslisa
    Options
    ok so i'm a bit confused about the colorful toenails here? What exactly is happeneing to your feet people?!!!

I guess I don't run enough to have this problem, but every Sunday morning I get up at 7AM and run for about 10K. I do have some blisters, calluces and lots of peeling gross skin on my feet though...but never got the colorful toenails.....

I do share some things with other posters though:
    - I bring my runners with me when I am traveling or visiting friends to squeeze in a run
    - I spend way more time in sports stores, or sports sections of stores looking for running/workout gear and shoes
    - Bananas and energy bars have become a house hold staple
    - I talk too much aobut my running and training and probably annoy most of my friends (but I have MFP for this!!!)

I've had numerous "experts" try to help me find shoes that are good for me but the bottom line is I have very wide feet and an arch that is too far forward. Perfectly sized shoes are really difficult for me to find. When I find a pair that works really well, I order four or five pairs at a time because usually the "new and improved" does not. That means sometimes I'm running in shoes that are OK but not great and I'd rather my arch area be comfortable over my toe area. As a result sometimes my big toe nail or my pinky toe nail will split, discolor, or even fall off.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My laundry hamper smells worse than my trash can.
  • leslisa
    Options
    I live in a hilly area and I can’t run a full 3 miles without walking.

1st mile pace is 10:30
    2nd is 11:30
    3rd is 11:45

and then I walk more on my 4th mile to end around 4.5 miles. How long does it take to turn a non-runner into a nonstop 5 mile runner?

I do like when a nurse listens to my heart they ask are you a runner or an athlete? =)

I'm not sure since I run on flatland. When I was recovering from surgery (almost 2 months of healing) it took about 8 months to get back up to where I wanted to be. I don't know if that's a long or short time. I never have been as fast as I was and honestly, not sure I care.
  • leslisa
    Options
    Oh, and I'm making a quilt out of the fronts of the various T-shirts I've gotten at races (I can only wear so many)!

I love this idea!

Me, too. This is great! Between the kid and me we have tons and neither one of us ever wears them. Call me crazy but I like to run in thin, crappy, cotton t-shirts. They soak up the sweat better.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I touched a bottle of another person's urine.:noway: We were lined up to start a huge race when the person beside me said "pass this down to the curb". I took it and started passing it before I fully understood what was in the bottle.
  • leslisa
    Options
    I interval run does that count?

Sure. Why not. I interval run when I'm doing speed work on the beach. That beach running can kick your butt...
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Soak those bad boys in baking soda and vinegar (with water) for 24 hours before doing laundry, then add another cup on vinegar to your laundry wash cycle....
  • leslisa
    Options
    Haha. I have a new one. I know I'm a runner cause my middle school track kids can't keep up with me =D.

Last night one of them asked, "Coach Lisa, how do you keep running like that."

At least my addiction is a healthy one!
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Because I've signed up to run a 32km - undulating 32km's and have not run longer than 13kms this year :grumble:

Because I got ITB Last year June and kept trying to run even though it set my recovery back

Woke up last week at 5am hungover to run with my group even though i was not feeling it

Because when i started running i did 10kms in 82 mins and now am close to 45mins

Because when I'm stuck in traffic i think that i could run faster to work.

Because when driving i acknowledge people on the road and think what a great job they doing.

Because I know i dont have to run a marathon to be a runner!