Second day... trying to lose 160lbs Need some friends

Options
I am 24 years old, I am new to using any kind of support or web based thing to lose weight. I have tried about a 1000 different things, and even found a couple that worked for me. But now I am married and a house wife. I am a introvert so I don't have lots of friends and Its hard to talk to new people face to face about the fact that I am done being a big girl. My husband is my support so far but I would love to have more help!

Replies

• fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome! You've come to the right place! I am a sahm of 3 girls, started out in May with a goal to lose 150 to get to 180 lbs and have lost 26. I still have a long ways to go and I know it'll take time, but I've met some wonderful supportive friends here :) I log daily and try to comment daily (or ever other) on my friends, feel free to send a request :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 23 and I have found that the online tools (and mobile apps) are a wonderful resource for weight loss and support. Feel free to add me, I log pretty much every day. :)
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome, request sent :) Good luck as you begin your journey.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome... We will give support... you just have to have your vision....you can do this!!!!
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    You have come to the right place. Some of us here like you are in the same boat. This is a great site to help you track your meals and exercise (this does work) and a blog to post about anything and everything frustrations, happiness and even your failures. You are welcome to "friend" me. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose and am an introvert as well.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hello, I'm in a very similar position so will send you a request. I'm here every day. Good luck with yiur journey. MFP is fab x
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am in a similar position as you!
  • JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is my goal so I totally understand where you are coming from. Sending a friend request. We can do this.
  • fatlesa
    fatlesa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I officially joined last month but really lost focus of the goal while on vacation. I am a mother of three and mostly a house wife as well( I work two days). My overall goal is to loose an additional 50 pounds(lost 30 so far, but it took me a year to do that).
    Now that I am actively working on it, I hope it will be easier. So, welcome. And remember, it took a while to gain weight, it will take some time to come off. Just be positive and I am here if you need an ear.
    By the way, my friend just lost 105pounds and counting...so it can be done.
  • I can relate all too well. Im here for ya girl!
  • DrSchizo
    DrSchizo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    fpelletier: You and I have the same goal weight! I also need to lose 150 to reach 180. How have you been doing it?! I've been going to the gym for 3 weeks and logging my food here, but I see NO results and it's SO discouraging! Send me an add if you like :)
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place.
    We are all here for you.
    You are going for a life style change, not a diet.
    Calories in, calories burned.
    Playing with the kids will burn a lot,plus it is fun.
    As you loose you will get more energy
    WELCOME!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We are all here to be supportive. Add me if you like :)
  • kestralsong
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will send you a request. I need to lose about 50 lbs. and tone up. We can do it.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started in February and had a goal of 150 to lose- I'm more than half way there :) You can totally do this!
  • LadyBenihime
    LadyBenihime Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm in the same boat as you..

I'm 27, I want to lose about 165lbs total - now I need about 150..

and I don't really have many friends outside my husband and some online friends..

I'd be happy to share this journey with you :) I'll send you a friend request
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    add me. I also wanted to lose about 160. I am more than half way there.
  • DeanR321
    DeanR321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old, I am new to using any kind of support or web based thing to lose weight. I have tried about a 1000 different things, and even found a couple that worked for me. But now I am married and a house wife. I am a introvert so I don't have lots of friends and Its hard to talk to new people face to face about the fact that I am done being a big girl. My husband is my support so far but I would love to have more help!

Hi, the best way to lose weight fast is to create a calorie deficit.

Calorie Deficit Calculator

This calculator will determine the estimated total number of calories you need to maintain your current weight based on your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and your level of activity. It will also give you the estimated number of calories you should be eating in a day to lose fat (calorie deficit).

Here is the link if you or anyone else wants to try it out.. - http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php

Note: This calculator will underestimate caloric needs for the extremely muscular and will overestimate caloric needs for the extremely overweight. Please consult your doctor if you have any questions.

Feel free to add me if you would like (everyone is welcome)