Brand New to MyFitnessPal

Hello all - I'm brand new to this online weight loss stuff - I've always tried to do it on my own. At 57, though, I'm finding it harder and harder to stay motivated and the pounds really don't come off like they used to. I need to lose about 45 lbs in order to be at a healthy weight. I'm wishing that this website and motivation from all of my (hopefully) new friends here will help me get to my goal. I'd love to be a cheerleader to anyone else who needs one too!

Replies

• Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Welcome! Great place for motivation and friends. I sent you a friend request.
  • madiken4
    madiken4 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, I'm three weeks new here, and would love to have a few good friends for mutual encouragement. I'm 51, and have about the same amount of weight to lose as you. I set my first goal a little lower than that so I wouldn't get discouraged. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Thank you all for being my new friends!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    WELCOME!
    I've been here for going on 2 years now.
    I made my goal after 8 months, I stay here to keep it off.
    This sight works,
    just remember calories in, calories must to be burned.
    IT WORKS
  • Hi all, I was once a work out junky but over the years I became a junk food junky. Perhaps I should get my eyes checked because it doesn't sink in that I am as heavy as I am and I am trying to take it more serious. There was a comedian once who joked,'my doctor said that I need to lose weight for I could die of a heart attack, but that wasn't enough motivation for me!" I am here because I want to take my weight as serious as I value my family and my business... I am always putting myself last on the list when my health should be first. I'm going to start by joining this site (which I just did) to get motivated to a more positive me. Thank you in advance for your support and for your interest in reading this message about me.