maple syrup and lemonade diet

Options
ok i watched that show 'race to size zero', it's not pretty at all.....
but has anyone on here ever actually tried this diet?
beyonce lost 20lb in just 14days with this.....
so tempted to give it a go, though i know its pointless 'cos ill feel rubbish,and gain all the weight plus more once
i go back to eatin normal.....
just wonder what it feels like to be that slim......

Replies

• thisischristine
    thisischristine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that a significant part of that weight (4-10lbs) is actually lost glycogen in the liver, so not going to show anywhere as it isn't burnt fat. Also, no protein = muscle wastage. So the numbers on the scale may go down, but it's highly likely that you wont really like what you see!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    First, its not healthy. Its not nutritious, and the results will not be permanent unless you plan on eating like that for the rest of your life. Because when you go back to eating normally, you will most likely gain most of that weight back, like you said. Quick-drop weight loss plans are rarely a good idea. Its best to just keep working at it, and someday you will know how it feels to be that slim, but you will feel even better because you know it came from hard work, and that it won't disappear as soon as you start eating.
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    what worried me was that even though it looked like they went through hell......6weeks of extreme dieting,and exercising 1-2hours each day. both of their figures looked amazing at the end =/
    kinda messes with your head!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    My husband did this a couple of years ago as a cleanse. He lost some weight, but did not keep it off. Once you start eating normally again, the weight comes right back on.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    My cousin did it for a whole 30 days and lost like 40lbs...but he gained it all right back as soon as he started eating again! There is no point honestly....I always suggest for people to do diets that have lasting results and are reasonable to do for long periods of time. But I know it sounds tempting for a jumpstart because I thought about it at one point as well!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    sounds like your just consuming sugar and acid not for me
  • aritter66
    aritter66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried just to clean out my system but I only made it one day. I had a rough side effects - migraine, body ache, and others. I decided it wasn't worth the side effects.
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    that diet is so not healthy!!
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My cousin did it for a whole 30 days and lost like 40lbs...but he gained it all right back as soon as he started eating again! There is no point honestly....I always suggest for people to do diets that have lasting results and are reasonable to do for long periods of time. But I know it sounds tempting for a jumpstart because I thought about it at one point as well!

yeah i need something to kickstart my weight loss, i lost a 14lb n just cnt seem to get rid of the last 14lb grrrrrrrrrrr.
    thinking i need to up the exercise...i know i wouldnt survive on 300+cals a day, i have a toddler so need the energy for him.
    besides it can cause problems with your heart etc....tis just tempting 'cos i wanna get rid of this last 14lb of fat!
    im 5ft 10 and weigh 10stone 10.... :(
  • kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Options
    I did it about four years ago for 14 days. It wasn't horrible, but that's ALL you get: lemons, water, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Oh, you can have a smooth move tea (laxative) along with your salt water flush, but in all honesty IT'S NOT WORTH IT. I lost 10 lbs. in 2 wks but gained it right back once I started gradually eating again. Usually, you need to ease into a raw food diet and I wasn't willing to go that route.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    srsly?
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I have done it twice. Once for 11 days and then again I think for about 8. I think the biggest mistake is that it is called the Lemonade Diet. It is not a diet. It was originally invented as a cleanse/fast. And that is what it does. I tried it first as I became vegetarian and wanted to cleanse my body off all meat. And yes the weight loss apealed to me!
    I have to say I loved it. From day 3 onwards I felt so energised, my skin and hair was really soft and people said I had a glow. And I have lost weight. Can't quite remember but it was quite significant!

The downside. Yes you do put all the weight back on. Don't use it as a kickstart as the weight will come back. Your metabolisim slows down during the fast.

Also to do it properly you have to do the salt water flush which means drinking 1 liter of salt water. It is yuck!!! But it does flush through and cleanses you this way.

I'd like to do it again one day for the cleansing purpose as I know now I can't lose weight on it long term but just the thought of doing the salt water flush makes me feel sick. It is not easy to do....

Hope that helps... :smile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I just don't know the thought of cleansing is with all these horrible things. Your body cleanses itself. That is what is so amazing you have never seen any animals say hummmm I think I'm going to just drink water for the next 2 weeks I feel a bit sluggish. The only time you need empty insides is for some medical tests.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    what worried me was that even though it looked like they went through hell......6weeks of extreme dieting,and exercising 1-2hours each day. both of their figures looked amazing at the end =/

Don't let celebrities get into your head! They don't have long-term health in any of their thoughts! You will look amazing in the end also - and in your case it will last! :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Read this to yourself and pretend someone you truly love is saying it to you. If you would tell your daughter, sister or mother.

Seriously, if you hit yourself on the head hard enough with a hammer, your coma will induce weight loss.

Keep up what you are doing. You have lost 3 pounds that are GONE..............forever! You feel good, you look good and you are learning new eating habits to pass along to your children.

God bless!!
  • D1NonlyAnnmarie
    D1NonlyAnnmarie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't attempt do this for the reccommended 10 days without food because Iknow how thoroughly I enjoy the act of mastication (main reason I can't do any meal replacement shake diets) but I did go ahead and try the lemonade. I've ended up making it everyday for the last 3 or so weeks because its actually really good. When I don't drink it I find myself craving it tho it may be because i've been Coca Cola free for about a month now. Anywho, I've been drinking it for about 3 weeks and my face looks amazing. All my breakouts have dried up and are GONE.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm on the master cleanse - lemonade detox. I don't know if I will gain the weight or not but to me it's worth it. My mind is sharper and quicker. My memory is improving (at least for the short term memory).